Lowest effort rx 8 seat fitting to 90

mad_pete

I’m wondering about the rear seat rail to seat runners connection. I was thinking about trying the rails flat but I going to elevate them at the rear to keep my fuel pump wire happy and have the rail extend over the seat box lip for now. Given that I could bolt all the way through the rail but I’m wondering about some sort of threaded insert I could weld in. 
I could slope the back like the front so I can reach on for a nut or drill an access hole underneath the rail and have it so the seat needs to come out to get the rail off.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking I would nudge the seats inboard a bit to make sure the buttons don’t hit the door but as I look at the rx8 the drivers one isn’t central to the rails so I need to measure and see how offset seat to steering wheel would be. Maybe a few mm isn’t noticeable when driving.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went with these for extending the seat loom. I think yellow one would have been better for this joint but I like these easy all in one. I think I had foolishly been assuming the land rover seat mounts are in a square pattern on the seat box but I now don't think they are so my attempts at symmetry in the rails are causing me problems.

IMG_20210307_101410.thumb.jpg.38e80bc76d9dc03a8367aa68a6274f15.jpgIMG_20210307_101345.thumb.jpg.0473f4b8b59fe65569f5e5d978c16bcc.jpg

IMG_20210307_101353.jpg

• 1 month later...

mad_pete - are you the mad_pete who was in the Farnborugh Red Light Breakers CB group around 78-82? I f so I wouild love to chat. my email is *email Deleted*

Paul (of BlackSword and Heartbreaker)

Edited by landroversforever
Edited to remove the email address.