Awdc Scorpion Racing Challenge Trophy

najw

Well done to all those who took part and those who came forward to help.

A very smooth and 'challenging' event on a great new site.

Results have been processed and should be on Scorpion Racing and AWDC websites very soon.

Top Placings:

Modified

1st Simon Madgewick 5750

2nd Ed Cobley 5700

3rd Chris Ould 5550

Standard

Mike Jones 3950

Peter Hughes 2700

Dave Mason 2400

Let the banter begin...

PS: Adrian - you won a prize for Determination & Persistance - I'll get it sent on to you!

you kid us.. we finally won something... Hurra...

The engine fried itself, so its coming out, and a carbed V8 one going in. So hopefully we might just survive the next two events. :D

forgot to say - top notch challenged event again. lots of fun had. Can't wait for slindon.

Another top event Neil - Well done.

List of jobs to do:

Have now got to replace that cr*p warn solenoid with an allbright after I found out that I had no power out when on a rather steep punch. That limited the punches we were able to attempt. Also gained a diesel leak from somewhere causing us stall on steep ground and smashed my drivers door glass. (Got rather chilly driving home last night).

Going to be busy between now and the next round.

Dave

(Neil - I'm going to keep chasing you for that missing trophy - my co-driver is going to kill me if he doesn't get his hands on it)

Well done and a big thanks Neil,

We had a great time (if we only lasted half a day so what) loved the site, roll on next year,

Can't believe we won a prize :D I'm over the moon , tip top, :D

Well done to the winners, and all the marshalls for there help,

Hello to Miss Whiplash, thanks for showing us the way out, prob got that bruise

when you fell back into that 90! and yes still have plenty of toys for Slindon!!

Keep hold of the prize till Slindon Neil as we are planning on lasting all day!!

Hello Les, hope you had a fun day, see you at Slindon mate.

Regards adrian,

Broke 2 std rr rear half shafts and a front winch rope ands still managed to get 46 out of 50 punches.

I just wish I had qued up for special stage 1 as just putting my nose in thje section woiuld have given me 500 points.

I realised as I was looking at the map on sunday evening that I wasted a lot of time driving around the fields just to get to one section next to special stage 1 where I could have just nipped up the road from the base.

Another top event Neil - Well done.

List of jobs to do:

Have now got to replace that cr*p warn solenoid with an allbright after I found out that I had no power out when on a rather steep punch. That limited the punches we were able to attempt. Also gained a diesel leak from somewhere causing us stall on steep ground and smashed my drivers door glass. (Got rather chilly driving home last night).

Going to be busy between now and the next round.

Dave

(Neil - I'm going to keep chasing you for that missing trophy - my co-driver is going to kill me if he doesn't get his hands on it)

Hope you get it sorted for the next event Divster, we kept running all day but couldn't climb anything steep or the engine died, 3.9 efi on the way but not in time for slindon. may come and spectate though.

Hi Wailofthesnail,

Come to Slindon as you are it's not a hilly site,

can you sort out your old engine?

Saw your motor in Wales will say hello at Slindon, mines the

one that only lasted till lunch time, still it happen's starter motor went!!!

Theres a picture of it posted on page 1 by Pigster,

If you've not been to Slindon before you'll enjoy the site,

should have plenty of water by then!!

See you there,

Regards Adrian, (car 32)

Wailofthesnail

Thanks for the help with lowering me off that punch and giving me a tow start. I should have everything done in time for Slindon (Neil - I'm posting my cheque today).

I've now done the door glass (lucky I had a spare) but have got to strip the door down again as it now won't lock. I need it to stay lighter later or the use of a garage.

Hope you can make it as a competetor. I'll try not to distract you with my woes next time.

Dave

not sure what the problem is, maybe a pickup problem in the tank, but the carbs definitely don,t work at 80 degrees, we've got to put new axles and suspension(only got standard at the moment, with the big tyres and standard arches it doesn't leave a lot!) and a load of welding, so think we'll miss slindon and try and try for bordon!

will definitely try and get down to spectate though!

And I just threw 4 in the skip at work as well ! :lol::lol::lol:

Where's good for B&B close to the site then Adrian ?

Thought I had a Biatch sorted last night but.....no let down again :( .....what...is it my driving...??? :unsure:

And no comments from you Mr Pigster...Thank you :blink:

hangs head and goes on looking <_<

Would I Les.... would I.. :D

If you well and truely stuck for a winch Biatch.. then give us a shout.. I have several people who enjoy playing in the mud..

Only issue is that they aint AWDC - DOH.. I shall see what I can come up with. I'll send you a PM if I find anything.

And I just threw 4 in the skip at work as well ! :lol::lol::lol:

Where's good for B&B close to the site then Adrian ?

Thought I had a Biatch sorted last night but.....no let down again :( .....what...is it my driving...??? :unsure:

And no comments from you Mr Pigster...Thank you :blink:

hangs head and goes on looking <_<

Hi Les,

Now you tell me!!!

Well made a few call's and found someone for you,

He's up for it, only needs to rejoin awdc, doing it right now!

He's been off work with a damaged knee for 3 months so will keep you

posted if he blows out i'll get somebody else for me and

you can have Pigster for the day,

That's you day done in now :lol:

I'll sort out some b&b places for you.

Regards Adrian,

update,

stalling problem wasn't caused by tank,

it was due to the carbs being "knackered" I'm led to believe this is a technical term, however it does confirm we won't be competing at slindon, just got to hope the replacement engine is a good one!

Anyone know the cheapest place to get "extreme" length braided brake lines, as our new axles are metric and might as well fit long ones ready for the pro-comp shocks.

update,

stalling problem wasn't caused by tank,

it was due to the carbs being "knackered" I'm led to believe this is a technical term, however it does confirm we won't be competing at slindon, just got to hope the replacement engine is a good one!

Anyone know the cheapest place to get "exteme" length braided brake lines, as our new axles are metric and might as well fit long ones ready for the pro-comp shocks.

IIRC Paul Wightman will do custom ones. Choose your length :P