Discovery 2 Central locking problem

Babbacombe

Hello everybody !.

I am hoping that somebody here may be able to give me a few pointers to resolve an issue I have with my 2003 Discovery 2 Td5 and would be most grateful of any assistance.

Ok, firstly if I may I will describe the situation:

Central locking system has always operated perfectly during my tenure/ownership of 2.5 years.

I came to open the car yesterday using the remote but no joy !. Red light blinks on the remote, indicators on the vehicle and dashboard flash when pressing the remote fob button. Presumably this confirms that the remote fob is communicating with the car.

I can open the drivers door with the key, alarm starts, engine starts just fine and alarm turns off.

No matter how many times I turn the key in the drivers door lock or how many times I press the open button no other doors will unlock. Not possible to unlock any other door by pulling the internal handle or the button in the top of the door card.

I have disconnected the car battery for an hour or so, reconnected just in case that may sort out a gremlin !. No change except that now when pressing the lock button on the key fob the drivers door will lock.

Would anyone happen to know if the drivers door actuator actually controls the other door actuators (ie if that one is duff it wont send a signal to other doors?). Probably romantic fiction on my part (!) due to desperation and lack of knowledge of the way LR central locking systems work.

Any help please?. Thank you in advance.  Carlos.