Series 3 lightweight front brake circuit Tee piece location.

Gazzar

Does anyone have a photo of the front Tee piece in situ on the brake line, for a lightweight?

What does it attach to? 

Also, did Rover use the plastic clips to attach the front line to the chassis throughout the series 3 production run?

The parts book only had plastic for the front, but both metal and plastic for the back.

I don't think metal brake clips are considered acceptable now - and this may well have started during the S3 run.  I think my T reg one had them.

It also had no T piece for the front brakes - both pipes coming from the PDWA.  This was the 'Optional' servo which I think was compulsory on diesels.

My X reg 109 (originally petrol) may well have been different and may have had a PDWA with one fewer pipe - and a T piece?

That's interesting, because I don't recall taking a tee off the front when I striped the chassis, but the brakes were not original, so I didn't give the set up much thought. Thanks.

Pretty sure T piece is situated on the offside main chassis rail at the bottom of the curve that goes over the front axle think it's on an L shaped bracket attached to the chassis  I will check my lightweight's in the next couple of days and post a picture regards Stephen 

Thanks for that, are there two lines going to the back on the 2a? No! The 2a near side goes via the bell housing X member, doesn't it?

And is that a civilian series 3, single line system? The series 3 lightweight were dual lines I think.

On 12/1/2019 at 8:37 PM, Bowie69 said:

I'm gonna bet this helps, when you scroll through the pics:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202831131114

PDWA, with two lines to the front, no tee. 

Perfect.

Thank you.