Auto brake bleeding

steve b

My 12v bleed pump has given up after 25 years of service and I'm not sure I want to spend that much (~£700 + ) , a friend suggested Sealey pressure units , I see VS0205 is a LRM star buy . Anyone got one and what do you think ?

Or what do you use ?

1941847736_SealeyautobleedVS0205.png.5259aaa2363f2120f4b47b60aedaff98.png

cheers

Steve b

I use Gunsons Ezibleed which is very similar, works really well, you don't need much pressure for most systems about 10psi is plenty. Cheap and cheerful, I have a larger one, but cleaning it out is a pain, so generally just use the Ezibleed. 

The eezi-bleed is a good bit of kit , what I like about the pressure bleed with reservoir is I can attach it and lift the 4 post and do it all in one go , within the limit of the capacity of the reservoir.

500ml goes a fair way doing component changes and is probably nearly enough to do a brake fluid change.

cheers

Steve b

+1 for the Easibleed although to be honest I quite often just use a bit of rubber hose with a bolt screwed in the end to cap it and a slit about 15mm long just above the bolt. It acts as a valve and allows the fluid out but not the air back in. I then just position a container in the right place to catch it.

Clutch slave cylinders on Defenders are a pain as you only get 3 pumps of the pedal before you have to top up the reservoir (which is a pain if it is in the air on the ramp)

Looking at your link Red90 , I'm now wondering if a pump plant sprayer would do , I've already got all the caps from the old 12v pump . Might have to have a rummage in the garden shed and see what I have . Nice unit though  thanks for pointing it out , clutch bleeding is part of the motivation for getting a pressurised fluid bottle .

cheers

Steve b 

The problem with some home made setups like that is they have seals or materials that are not compatible with brake fluid.  So, it might work, but you might also end up with a seized pump over time.

Here is a more local one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sealey-VS820-Clutch-Bleeding-System/dp/B000ROARTI/ref=pd_sbs_263_t_0/259-4456809-5247053?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000ROARTI&pd_rd_r=4336776d-b865-43cf-8f06-df71fc098d49&pd_rd_w=FP8UX&pd_rd_wg=czHmp&pf_rd_p=e44592b5-e56d-44c2-a4f9-dbdc09b29395&pf_rd_r=840SX44AGRC1ARTVCP9R&psc=1&refRID=840SX44AGRC1ARTVCP9R

I have the gunsons eezibleed too, cheap but always worked so long as you remember not to run out of fluid.

Apart from a kit car I was restoring for a friend. I tried and tried to get the back to bleed and it wouldn't, lots of head scratching and swearing until I realised the builder had put the calipers on upside down to suite the handbrake cable. To get them to bleed I had to take them off, turn them over, wedge a lump of metal between the pads then bleed them :unsure: