Snake oil for sale

monkie

That's a good point Ralph. One of my old house mates years ago actually paid good money for a magnet that clamps round the fuel pipe and claimed to reduce your fuel consumption  by aligning the molecules :hysterical:

Edited by monkie
Extra info
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, steve b said:

I'm even more surprised there is a fuse ....

I also wondered where you are supposed to insert it , then noticed the little picture ............

Steve b 

I think it must there to protect you from too much fuel saving, can't think of any other reason? 😁

11 minutes ago, Mo Murphy said:

It's still amazes me that there are people out there stupid enough to give someone money for one of these ! 😂 

Mo

... And the thing that is really troubling is these people presumably hold a valid driving licence and drive on our roads :wacko:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, monkie said:

That's a good point Ralph. One of my old house mates years ago actually paid good money for a magnet that clamps round the fuel pipe and claimed to reduce your fuel consumption  by aligning the molecules :hysterical:

They sell a lot of these things to soften water too. Apparently they work !

If she's buying it, I'm buying it!

I get loads of adverts popping up on Facebook with things worth thousands being sold for $100, postage from far away lands. I want to click buy just to see what turns up! The importer is responsible for the quality, safety and performance of the item, if you but direct from abroad you're the importer 🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, monkie said:

I remember those magnet fuel clamps, don't know if they made any difference to consumption. 

2 hours ago, western said:

I remember those magnet fuel clamps, don't know if they made any difference to consumption. 

Bugger all Ralph. The premise of those devices was that they align the fuel molecules using magnetic field. Fuel is almost exclusively a mixture of non polar organic molecules utterly unaffected by magnetic fields no matter how strong. 

I think the reason people buy in to these things is that a small fuel saving effect is so hard to reproducibly prove that people selling this tat can get away with backing up their products with some extremely dodgy science! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mo Murphy said:

... and regrettably allowed to continue to breathe. Civilisation has destroyed natural selection. 😇

Mo

I think we need a design of fuel saving device that merely pumps exhaust gasses into the HeVAC - anyone stupid enough to buy these sorts of devices deserves something along those lines, and the rest of us deserve them to buy it too.

1 minute ago, Snagger said:

I think we need a design of fuel saving device that merely pumps exhaust gasses into the HeVAC - anyone stupid enough to buy these sorts of devices deserves something along those lines, and the rest of us deserve them to buy it too.

Global warming? I'll get my coat.