Snake oil for sale

monkie

Wow, big brother is watching me. Look what old classic appeared in my suggested items..... 

Some very bold claims and woolly language. Not one piece of evidence to back it up. Not to worry folks, it's RoHS compliant (amazing really as it isn't electronic). Oh, and it's CE marked which I can only assume means Chinese Export in this case..... 

Screenshot_20191206_225820_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191206_225834_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191206_225859_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Edited by monkie
Spelling
  • Haha 2

All types of car & Benz? 

50% reduction in emissions? Does that mean I can take a diesel into Bristol with this fitted? Stops scale build up too, like calgon! I must admit that petrol scale has always been a killer. 

Wonder if it works on electric cars too?

I suppose there are 2 advantages to the electric super chargers. Firstly they're independent to the engine rpm so you can have any amount of boost at any rpm. So flat out and low revs and completely off at cruising speed so no electrical load which might give better mpg than having a super charger running all the time? Unless the super charger helps with efficiency enough 🤷‍♂️ Secondly if the car has a smart alternator under hard acceleration it can run the super charger at full boost and disconnect the alternator so all energy from the engine is going to the wheels then turn the alternator back on during cruising to replenish the battery. 🤷‍♂️ 

16 hours ago, monkie said:

Wow, big brother is watching me. Look what old classic appeared in my suggested items..... 

Some very bold claims and woolly language. Not one piece of evidence to back it up. Not to worry folks, it's RoHS compliant (amazing really as it isn't electronic). Oh, and it's CE marked which I can only assume means Chinese Export in this case..... 

Screenshot_20191206_225820_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191206_225834_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191206_225859_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Reported as a scam, I hope.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cynic-al said:

I suppose there are 2 advantages to the electric super chargers. Firstly they're independent to the engine rpm so you can have any amount of boost at any rpm. So flat out and low revs and completely off at cruising speed so no electrical load which might give better mpg than having a super charger running all the time? Unless the super charger helps with efficiency enough 🤷‍♂️ Secondly if the car has a smart alternator under hard acceleration it can run the super charger at full boost and disconnect the alternator so all energy from the engine is going to the wheels then turn the alternator back on during cruising to replenish the battery. 🤷‍♂️ 

There's quite a few advantages with electric bits (PAS pumps, water pumps, etc.), the main one these days being packaging - you can put the thing anywhere it'll fit rather than having to bolt it where a belt can drive it, or in the case of a turbo fit it into the exhaust path. You can do a lot of cunning control to fill in flat spots, boost economy, prevent user abuse (my last company van had vicious torque and rpm limiting built in), etc. etc.

As others said, there's hybrid turbos where they use electricity to fill in the gaps where there'd be no boost. ISTR Volvo were using a small tank of compressed air but that seems a bit limited to me.

2 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

ISTR Volvo were using a small tank of compressed air but that seems a bit limited to me.

You're right. It called power pulse I think on the D5 diesel. I was looking at that for my next car but the BIK was about £5k pa yet again forcing me down the route of another bloody hybrid. 

The hydraulic plastic moulding machines at work used to do something similar to the ford tank. They called it an accumulator and during the parts of the cycle where the pump was idle, ie when your waiting for the plastic to cool, it would pump oil into the accumulator, then when it came to open the mould and eject the part, which takes a large volume of oil, it would release it. It would mean you'd have enough pressure to do 2 things at once too, like open mould and eject part or operate side moving hydraulic cores at the same time making for a faster cycle. They were a pain as the engineering inspection people considered them a pressure vessel and wanted to inspect them under puwer. 

1 hour ago, western said:

Ha, ha, what a total waste of money 🙄🤔 is there a matching one to stick on the headliner. 

Hold on a minute Ralph, I think you are being a little hasty here. Let's just consider this one more carefully - finally a sunshine roof for your Land Rover you don't have to Sikaflex inplace. I'll buy 2 please:lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, monkie said:

Hold on a minute Ralph, I think you are being a little hasty here. Let's just consider this one more carefully - finally a sunshine roof for your Land Rover you don't have to Sikaflex inplace. I'll buy 2 please:lol:

My 110CSW already has a glass sunroof & it doesn't leak.

Just now, FridgeFreezer said:

Only Land Rover owners could consider regular lubrication of sunroof seals a perfectly normal maintenance operation :rofl:

Only (possibly - I may be wrong about this) land rover owners keep vehicles for decades, rather than scraping them when the vehicles are 7 years old.

• Like 1