Tyres

Matt2e0fgx

Cheers all . Having a word with my brother last night he has maxxis bighorns on his 110 . He said when was new wasnt too bad just now since worn a bit noisey . Thinking going with mud tyres as I don't go far normally ,But I'm finding it hard to find many . Most places stock all terrains or road tyres . 

46 minutes ago, Matt2e0fgx said:

Cheers all . Having a word with my brother last night he has maxxis bighorns on his 110 . He said when was new wasnt too bad just now since worn a bit noisey . Thinking going with mud tyres as I don't go far normally ,But I'm finding it hard to find many . Most places stock all terrains or road tyres . 

i have a vague memory that my old D2 came with 245/75/16 mud terrains on it, which work out approx 1" taller than your current tyres

i would suggest looking for an alternative size for mud terrains than the 255/65/16

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

is good for comparing

Edited by RedLineMike

Try Camskill:

https://www.camskill.co.uk/

I bought some Kumho MT51's from them for my Range Rover a couple of years ago. Have bought other tyres from them in the past too. Generally pretty good prices.

I went for a 255/70R16. Not the most aggressive mud terrain, but pretty good on the road and enough for the off roading I intend to use them for.

IMG_1174.JPG

IMG_1181.JPG

IMG_1182.JPG

23 hours ago, Matt2e0fgx said:

Yes I can find them but defently  not cheap at all! 

In the handbook I found a chart saying on standard suspension the max with no lift is 255 70 r16 . 

I've found plenty at 245 70 r16 . Guessing that would be ok ? 

BFGs were never cheap and there were few other options in that size IIRC.

245/70R16 or 245/75R16 are both fine. The 245/75 may be the better option, a bit more clearance, and it'll still just fit on a standard rear door spare wheel carrier.