Oil leaks !

Matt2e0fgx

Today replaced water pump , turbo filter and engine oil and filter and serpentine  belt . But noticed I have a very mucky engine on front and down each side in timing case area but my front cam plug leaking . That's one and 2 is the top cover but only weaping slightly . But the worst one is front underneath on the 4 poster . Its leaking above the starter motor in oil . Defently not diesel. Can the gasket go on the fpl and leak oil and also my alternator is oily too , probably looks worse than is due to not been washed off ever under there and mixed with the dirt . 

Anh suggestions to how tackle these leaks ? Yes do top cover and cam plug first and while in there will do the injector loom . But regarding the others , any pointers please ? 

20191214_061144.jpg

20191214_104816.jpg

You might find the other leaks are just residual oil that has run down from the top of the engine, it doesn't take much oil to spread and look like a lot, I'd cure the leaks up top then clean the lower oil stains away with brake disc degreaser spray and engine degreaser and then see where you are.

changing the FPR is easier than changing the starter or the clutch as a knock on effect of the FPR leaking, the oil from around the front cam plug is efficiently spread around the engine bay by the viscous fan, so i would change the front cover which is a push in job & then jetwash the engine bay with some degreaser

2 hours ago, RedLineMike said:

changing the FPR is easier than changing the starter or the clutch as a knock on effect of the FPR leaking, the oil from around the front cam plug is efficiently spread around the engine bay by the viscous fan, so i would change the front cover which is a push in job & then jetwash the engine bay with some degreaser

I was told the fpr doesnt leak oil just fuel . Can you confirm it can leak oil and I'm guessing just remove and fit a new tin gasket ? 

9 hours ago, Matt2e0fgx said:

I was told the fpr doesnt leak oil just fuel . Can you confirm it can leak oil and I'm guessing just remove and fit a new tin gasket ? 

it omly leaks fuel. but with the oily residue around your engine it ends up looking a oily mess,

normaly they leak through the pressure regulator itself rather than the tin gasket,

So,

id change the cam plug & jetwash the **** off the engine & see where it leaks next

Edited by RedLineMike