Rover 3.5 V8 into a series 3

Hi guys

I'm busy building in a Rover v8 into a series 3. I have a few questions regarding the positioning of the engine. I have almost no space on the passenger side to fit the manifold in between the chassis rail and the engine. Do I need to shift the engine and gearbox over? What manifolds did you use?

Thanks

As lo-fi says think I took about 50-75mm out of inner section of footwell even that leaves it still slightly awkward for plugs and manifold bolts I also fitted an angled connector to oil pump housing to stop diff hitting it or alternatively a remote oil filter regards Stephen

Hi Guys

Thanks for the responses. I'm just battling to find the space between the engine and the chassis rail to fit a manifold in unless I lift the engine or move it towards the drivers side. If anyone has maybe a picture, it would be of great help

Here's all the pics I could find of mine in my 109 - the engine is shifted back a fair bit for various reasons;

2006-09-04-23h14m11.jpg

Other side:

2006-09-04-23h14m22.jpg

Overall with exhaust - the tubular headers follow the positioning of the standard manifolds;

2006-09-05-00h42m38.jpg

engine_bay.jpg

engine_space.jpg

This shows the passenger side exhaust, engine mount, chassis, bulkhead;

IMG_9211.JPG

IMG_9226.JPG

IMG_9231.JPG

IMG_3878_sm.JPG