V8 Waterproof Dizzy Kit

Hybrid_From_Hell

I know the military did a waterproof Dizzy kit for V8s.

Looking for :

Technical spec sheets, drawings, pictures and info.

Anyone got one ?

Have some thoughts about convertying on to 12V and fitting it to a flapper EFI System, so

the other question is anyone know of a unit for sale :rolleyes:

Nige

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are you still looking for info? one of the old LRMs has picture of one - would you like me to post it?

In the meantime I'll describe it to you. It is in the same place as the normal distributor cap but grey in colour and squared off; imagine a cylinder. It has 9 leads that appear to be moulded into the top. :rolleyes:

Not sure if there is a vacuum advance unit on the side of the distributor nor if other wires come out of it that would imply it is points or not.

Ta but I have a complete parts breakdown for it,

It looks like it is a specially made peice of kit, for points systems, and not overly frindly for being modded, I have moved on from this idea now, and am waiting for a HEI Dizzy sh from the states, plus other ideas and options too, JWs V8 (which is just dreadful in water even with the effort he has chucked into ti) will be the test bed for this and other possibilkties...

Ta

Nige

Ta but I have a complete parts breakdown for it,

It looks like it is a specially made peice of kit, for points systems, and not overly frindly for being modded, I have moved on from this idea now, and am waiting for a HEI Dizzy sh from the states, plus other ideas and options too, JWs V8 (which is just dreadful in water even with the effort he has chucked into ti) will be the test bed for this and other possibilkties...

Ta

Nige

the distributor does appear to have a vacuum advance.

personally can't see why you can take normal dizzy cap, fit the lead securely e.g. push in a threaded insert into the cap then make the lead ends have a bolt to screw them in, once tight, araldite in.

probalby cheaper than hei dizzy = what is one of theose when not in the states? and what is so special that makes you think it will not be prone to smae water probs?

• 11 months later...

These do work to a certain extent, although there not designed for this, its for radio suppression, but it does make them slightly more waterproof....

You will however need a small morgage when it come to fitting new plugs, as they cost an arm and a leg

they were problamatical to say the least :angry: , when water does get in there in a absolute B%*£*^d of a job to dry them effectivly and get the flaming thing running again.....

No trouble since they all changed to Tdi's though :rolleyes:

they were all points and a dropper , and new plugs are around £25-£30 each...if you can find them

• 2 weeks later...