2.5 petrol rebuild and conversion to EFI thread?

Gazzar

ABSOLUTILEEEE loving this thread! Just discovered this.... In a 109, can't quite believe there's another broadly on the same path as me?! I've an ACRed 17H running gas with a Wide-band gauge etc.  I've Roland's Powerplus head. cam, SU carb set-up. I'll send you my pics of my trigger-wheel install. In my case, being a daily-driver, when the gas-cylinders empty, petrol is the luxurious fuel for 'get-me-home'  use.  I rarely use it. Hence,  for my use, I've skipped liquid-injection, yet I'm set to control Lambda via a Stepper motor. Closed-loop, single-point gas-injection. For this I'm using an AEB Leonardo Lambda controller, via a NB Lambda. I'm going for Megajolt on ignition, but run a 123 dizzy now. The 123ignition gives me two curves, one each fuel, but is 2D, and gas evermore than the liquid, requires decent ignition.

Standby, now I know you're on this, I'll give you what I have with my own project.

Pix: You're looking at:

1) A BLOS ( the gas equiv. of an SU) this controlled by a Stepper in Closed-loop.
2) Innovate WB gauge

My trigger-wheel next...

In short we're doing the same thing biased to different fuels.  As I said, love the thread... keep at it.

1-Lambda.gif

2-BLOS+Mixer.gif

Edited by Landrover17H

I've stayed away from gas, space in a lightweight is tight, and the car ferry/ Eurostar angle is a real concern.

The throttle body had arrived. It looks good except the throttle position sensor plug points down, I'm a bit worried that the connector will co share space with the manifold adaptor.

I think I'll make the isolation block quite thick, so that it will clear, but a right angle version of the connector would help.

You're clearly going to a heap of  effort with this, I did wonder why you're not going 'gas' and 'have done'. Space on-board a LWT and the 'Chunnel' would be it.

I'm still halfway to MJ, here's as far as I've got with Sensor mount. Mocked-up, ... all parts are from 'Triggerwheels'. I've still to tidy it up, and weld it all on, but you get the idea. That's the twin-V pulley, ERC5128 the 17H has several flavours of pulley. Not sure why you appear to have a single-V?

I might stand accused of being the bodger amongst us. I was going to hang a TPS on the end of my SU's butterfly/throttle spindle, using a bit of tube to act as a UJ coupling.

TriggerWheel 17H 2.5 Land Rover.png

Edited by Landrover17H

Just so others know, round these parts getting the pulley-wheel turned to an clearance-fit cost me £45. Bracket: TW sell one which is handed the opposite orientation, which would be slightly better, but 'Bargain basement' as pictured works well enough...

bracket.png

Edited by Landrover17H

You've seen the debate around my plan, trigger wheel on the flywheel.

There's dozens of ways to skin this cat!

I'd like to go double pulley. So I can run air con.

Flywheel is likely the better way to go, tidier too. I only show my solution,  I can't see how it'll matter too much either way. I'm aghast that there's a bloke out there with a 17H, come on, there aren't many anyway! Aaaannnnd... sh*t the bed, he's doing much as me?

Edited by Landrover17H

They used to hand these out like 'Sweets to kids'.  I've several 17H knocking about. I  run PAS off mine. Air-con in my dreams! I recall a magazine feature where a Yank had a coiler aircon unit in a 109. I believe there''s a 3 x V pulley to run Aircon & PAS?

Edited by Landrover17H

Anyway, build details.

Distortion test with shells.

Pass, though just on the upper bound of okay.

Which is .004 to .006, I couldn't get a 0.007 gauge in the gap.

Does this mean the shells are bigger than ideal?

IMG_20200318_172948.jpg

IMG_20200318_173217.jpg

IMG_20200318_174448.jpg

IMG_20200318_182905.jpg

I'm a big girl, hence PAS.
Schnice stuff you've got there. I've never found a proper printed manual for 'bog-reading'  the 5MB in 2.5, Haynes don't cover it very well, even in S3 2.25. I've downloaded PDF files of factory parts books etc, but there's nothing much that's 5MB specific. All the coiler manuals focus on deseasels. What's that 'booky' I see you referencing? Looks factory?

Edited by Landrover17H

Ninety/one ten workshop manual.

Covers the two 2286s, the two 2495s and the V8. Plus various gearboxes etc

The 2.5 petrol is only a few pages on the differences to the 2286. Mainly oil pump and timing chain.

I should have a PDF somewhere, if you are interested, though I'm sure it's online if I don't have it.