2.5 petrol rebuild and conversion to EFI thread?

Gazzar

That's what I like about my Volvo, no one expects it to leave them for dust at the lights.

Google polestar, that's the blue I am going for.

• Like 1

I'll 'fess up. I own one of the last  factory BiFuel jobs. Volvo dabbled in LPG/CNG back in the day. Has 400K odd on there, no rot, and simply runs and runs. This fact won't stop me taking the persistence out of myself, or others for owning such a thing...  motoring never got cheaper.

Edited by Landrover17H

I'll drive mine until the station wagon had been built and tested. No more modern cars, bar I obtain so much money I can give it away. 

Well, it ended up being hicote "blue". I'll see what it looks like when I start shooting paint this weekend.

Tis only the filter canister, mind.

5 hours ago, Landrover17H said:

I'll 'fess up. I own one of the last  factory BiFuel jobs. Volvo dabbled in LPG/CNG back in the day. Has 400K odd on there, no rot, and simply runs and runs. This fact won't stop me taking the persistence out of myself, or others for owning such a thing...  motoring never got cheaper.

I believe the in-line six in a Freelander 2 is a Volvo motor.  They seem to be immensely durable engines.  A car that lasts and lasts has some appeal!

Mines only got 130k miles, and not doing much since lockdown. So I've a while yet to get the SW built. It is showing an abs error at the moment, so mechanicing needed soon.

I'm going to get some food, then retighten all bolts, zinc spray exposed steel, prime, and maybe even spray the main engine.

I might have to take the timing cover off again, I've no key in the crank key way for the pulley.

Spraying was the usual confusion of "why isn't spraying, oh god there's paint everywhere! Why is it pulsing? Why is the air full of paint and the engine not covered?"

But, there's paint on the engine now.

IMG_20200704_164212.jpg

IMG_20200704_164217.jpg

Then trigger wheel stuff. My lathe isn't happy, and I've not got the skills or tools to operate it properly. As I use it more the motor starts squeaking and groaning. I think I'll have get a new motor.

It stuck the job long enough.

IMG_20200704_165411.jpg

IMG_20200704_170042.jpg

IMG_20200704_170148.jpg

IMG_20200704_185820.jpg

IMG_20200704_185815.jpg

IMG_20200704_185839.jpg

IMG_20200704_185846.jpg

I need to get my head around the geometry next, and drill/ tap the pulley to take the trigger wheel.

Shame I can't just glue it.....

IMG_20200704_185642.jpg

To time the EDIS  I need to have the sensor over a tooth that has 8 teeth between it and the missing tooth. Which will be in front.

Is that right?

At TDC.

33 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

As it is cast, I would, always difficult to fill the small pores. 

Last thing you want is a rusty green engine after a few months...

Yes, I'll do again this week.

I insist you stop now, I mean, you're doing too good a job of this? This puts us to shame. I was kidding when I said it last, yet you're really  lr4x4's answer to 'Project Binky'. All you want to do to complete the picture is explain  "Why it's perfect..."

Then change everything.

You could make a few more brackets...

Oh yeah, and never finish the thing.

Edited by Landrover17H
  • Haha 1