2020 Projects

monkie

Well I accelerated all the 2020 jobs into nov/dec 2019... so I'm planning on doing some driving rather than spannering (quite a novel thought) 🤩 will be relocating to near Salisbury... and people tell me theres a bit of offroading to be had around there... 😂

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 10:17 AM, western said:

In no particular order,

Refurbish all 4 brake calipers with new stainless pistons & new seals & pads. Done just a final bleed tomorrow 

Replace the bulkhead left foot well when better weather arrives  Got the new panel, waiting for much friendlier weather 

Get the new doors painted & fitted nil progress

Fit the rear side window seal kit to stop the glass rattle nil progress

With Mr VB's assistance see if we can get the GKN overdrive working properly rear of unit with VB for new pistons & hone of the bores

Hopefully buy & fit a eberspacher or planar air heater under the cubby box nil progress, but have been looking, 

Thinks that's enough to be starting a new year with. 

bit of a update, in RED

22 minutes ago, western said:

bit of a update, in RED

Looks like you've made good progress Ralph.

My only achievements have been unplanned works. Replacement of the 110's fuel pump that died very suddenly, and clean/overhaul the handbrake drum and expander.

• Like 1

If we're doing updates...

On 1/1/2020 at 3:23 PM, FridgeFreezer said:
  • Finish the damn 109 - NEARLY THERE!
  • A load of fettling on the ambulance - Haven't touched it! 109 gets the love 1st ;)
  • TIG welding course - 3rd class this Wednesday, still MIG at the mo...
  • Chassis swapping party at Miketomcat's house  - @miketomcat pull yer finger out :D

I actually DROVE the 109 yesterday. Tyres are square :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm collecting (hopefully not too much of) a project Land Rover on Sunday. Aim is by the time I leave the farm I'm collecting it from it'll be ready for an MOT so I can put it to use.

FB_IMG_1580000139826.jpg.1e18b9502d004e01bef01b2a288ed782.jpg

Once that's on the road then and my (at least) double Land Rover garage is built then I can focus on sorting out a few things on the 110 (notably doors and a few wiring issues courtesy of a dodgy trailer in Scotland).

• Like 4

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 9:06 PM, Happyoldgit said:

Decide whether to keep this..

12.jpg.9f61a9066adc90695cb97b0c2ec2959b.jpg

13.jpg.42c391bd9470c3d07a8bd31b095732f9.jpg

And if I do get it blasted then I'll respray, rewire, fit lights, re-stencil it etc to match this...

2030624041_IMG_20191031_140207472B.jpg.1e2c1f67e370edb2f80c745319a687c3.jpg

not even a question! Needs to be done. I have someone I use in Brightwell near martlesham for shotblasting if that is any use?

47 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

That's a cool truck.

Does it have a slightly weird roof on it?

Don't think so - it's a Sandringham so originally started out as a Stage 1 V8. Searching for other Sandringham pictures show similar roofs, I think it's just the perspective that picture was taken from.

Here's it from a different angle:

Sandy.JPG.d0fe895682dcdde4e5c1813355a5f3

• Like 1

Through drive on the centre Rover axle and then Salisbury on the rear - have a read of this thread as it's got some piccies of the setup.

PTO is still available for use and I might know someone with one of the fabled LT95 PTO adapters (conveniently with a hydraulic pump on the back) sat in a shed. At some point I'll put hydraulics on it and contemplating building a hook loader frame for it to have different bodies for quick swap (mobile workshop, deer stalking, camping, general pick-up etc).

There are so many jobs around the new place I've been putting off until this arrives because having a pick-up bed would be so handy :ph34r:

• Like 2