Defender 110 - Nuts & Bolts Restoration

Hi All,

We (Alex and Lewis) are currently stripping our TD5 Defender 110 Hardtop back to the chassis for a full nuts and bolts restoration. This is our first restoration project we have chosen to film and document! We wanted to say hi and get involved with all you Land Rover veterans out there and would love to feed off your knowledge and inspiration!

We also hope we can help here as we know a fair bit about Land Rovers, Defenders especially.

Our Defender is currently stripped down to the chassis, with the engine removed and we will be cleaning it off for a full inspection in the coming days. I have uploaded some pictures with this post, however if you want to follow the action via either our Instagram page our YouTube channel please do either click the links or they can be found by searching BUST2BUILT also.

All the very best to you and a Happy New Year.

The Bust2Built Team

Sunny.jpg

wing.jpg

engine.jpg

tent.jpg

tub.jpg

tub off.png

Body off 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff 👍 , and probably the best engine LR ever made.

Could you take some detailed picks of the underside of the rear tub, front end.

I have a 110 truck cab, cab chassis. The body finishes at rear bulkhead. It has a metal plate sandwiched to the lower section that bolts to the chassis/body outriggers. It looks like the 110 tub has braces or gussets to the underside, so this would not be possible. Im converting a 109 series tub to my 110 and am probably going to use the 110 rear bulkhead, as it has more mounting holes for seat belts etc. 

cheers

Serg

11 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Perhaps their social meeja engagement plan doesn't extend to actually coming back after plugging their channel all over the forums :rolleyes:

Thats there choice.

I have my build on Instagram. I chose that out of all social media (this is social media too dont forget) I wanted a place to diary my build (for myself) and be a idea for others if they wanted to do anything similar. Its a great back up if I lose my phone/computer etc.Its also helpful for my engineer. I can do it straight from phone much easier than doing a build here. I have problems with LR4x4 on my phone as it is. 

Anyway Ill go ask in the Defender section.

On 1/19/2020 at 4:07 AM, uninformed said:

Thats there choice.

I have my build on Instagram. I chose that out of all social media (this is social media too dont forget) I wanted a place to diary my build (for myself) and be a idea for others if they wanted to do anything similar. Its a great back up if I lose my phone/computer etc.Its also helpful for my engineer. I can do it straight from phone much easier than doing a build here. I have problems with LR4x4 on my phone as it is. 

Anyway Ill go ask in the Defender section.

The difference is that you continue to read and participate on the forum, not use it as an advertising platform for a social media account that they are presumably trying to earn money from.  That means that you are a member of the community, while they are cynical users of it. 🙂

On 1/18/2020 at 4:21 PM, FridgeFreezer said:

Perhaps their social meeja engagement plan doesn't extend to actually coming back after plugging their channel all over the forums :rolleyes:

I’d suggest giving them a few more days so they have the complete calendar month to resurface, and if they don’t, delete all their traces from the forum and block them.  What they’re doing isn’t just rude, it’s theft of bandwidth.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...