Anyone lost this ?

smallfry

1 hour ago, Quagmire said:

Has anyone reported it?

Ebay's drop down lists for reporting items are very restrictive. I have no evidence to say it is stolen. For now I have asked the seller to clarify. Here is a screenshot of my message. We'll see what he comes back with. It might make reporting it easier. 

It looks a bit 1990s to me, but I'll stick with 1987.

Screenshot_20200111_183415_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Edited by monkie

11 hours ago, smallfry said:

I reported it that way too. Nothing has happened though.

Looks like a late 1980s to me. No Series bits at all as far as I can see.

The lack of indicators on the wings would suggest early to mid 80's if they are original wings, they were standard issue though on CSW's. The doors on the other hand would suggest a later vehicle, its a bit of a triggers broom this one. My guess is it was built and not stolen.

All they've done is take the number plates off a 90 and swapped them with plates off a series so there's no road tax to pay.   It's ridiculous how many people do it AND get the car MoT'd.    There's no apparant mechanism to report it, probably the worst case is insurance don't pay out if there's a bad enough accident for an inspection. 

8 hours ago, blowmeover said:

DVLA has it down for a Red 1967 2625cc petrol, last V5 issued was 2013. That could be when this 90 lost its ID. What were the SVA test like back then?

I looked that up too. I can't think of a rover engine that had a displacement of 2.6 litres? Definitely got bits from here, there and everywhere. 

2625cc is the 1960s inlet-over-exhaust six-pot lump shared with the Rover 110 car.

A truly-gorgeous engine when well-maintained and running sweetly - alas the Land-Rovers fitted with it got a spectacularly-numb camshaft, a low-compression cylinder-head and only one carburettor. The Rover-110 version had higher compression, twin carbs and a camshaft that was rather more-lively - 123 Horsepower - more than the dumbed-down 3.5 Litre Land-Rover V8 managed...!!