Painting brake calipers?

As per title,  i am looking at getting new brake calipers and don't want to end up with rusty chunks of metal in a couple of years time!

So what to do!?! Do i paint them, if so with what (yes i know a brush and paint! But what type?).

Or can you treat them with something to stop them rusting up???

Cheers Andy 

Not something I have ever bothered with but a quick search on Frost's website came up with this and I have been more than happy with the products I have used from them in the past. 

Someone with some experience of said products will more than certainly come along..... 

8 hours ago, Mutley said:

(yes i know a brush and paint! But what type?).

About 1" wide should be OK, and it could be with bristles, natural or nylon, or even a paint pad, and probably with a wooden handle, although a plastic handle would be acceptable.  As always, different strokes for ........

Bye!

Mike

• Haha 3

I used VHT paint specifically for this and bought in a kit from ebay. I had previously painted them with the same paint over 15 years ago and it held up pretty well for at least 10 years of that without being repainted. I shot blast them when I rebuilt them hence the repaint

DSC_1620.thumb.JPG.06c5af1a623b17cc9f3c5e9491ecd918.JPG

On 1/16/2020 at 10:22 AM, Snagger said:

I have used regular Hammerite Smooth on engines and callipers, brush-on and aerosol, with no peeling or discolouration.

+1 on that. Unless, you regularly "cook" your brakes, the calipers shouldn't get that hot.
I painted our 2.8T RRs calipers with smooth black hammerite more than a year ago, & their still unmarked.