New Exhaust for SIII with a 2.5 petrol

fearofweapons

Hello,

my wife's SIII has a early 90 2.5 petrol in it. It needs a new exhaust. Will an SIII 2 1/4 exhaust fit? If so any guesses on which one? There seem to be many options depending on the year of manufacture and I am not sure if that is because the chassis changed or something else.

many thanks for any help.

regards,

Rich T

Hard to tell for sure, they are very close, for sure. I think so but....

2.5 petrol

Screenshot_2020-01-26-21-23-25-627_com.microsoft.skydrive.thumb.jpg.8db89933a70fe6a5c04ebc21b3271eb7.jpg

Series 3

Screenshot_2020-01-26-21-23-37-070_com.microsoft.skydrive.thumb.jpg.b91c2ef529c9f8a853441bbd2b25ec00.jpg

But different. 

It might be a good idea to find a supplier that will accept returns.

Yes, it's almost certainly the manifold for the engine.

The problem is how does the down pipe join to the intermediate pipe.

I'd but a series down pipe and take it from there. They're cheap, I think.

Where you based, I think I've a spare.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I see a 17H manifold. You'll need to cobble up a link-pipe. The 17H manifold is superior, but moves the exit further forward. I understood ACR do S/S silencers only.

You have these options:

1) Fit a Series manifold - and complete exhaust system. It'll fit but manifold will strangle a 2.5 and might increase fuel consumption too.

2) Leave 2.5 manifold and cobble a custom link pipe to stock Series system. Cheapest way is via a stock 2.5 front pipe mated to stock series front pipe.

3) Get ACR's mild/steel manifold and link pipe. Dear, but will give a bit of extra grunt too.

Hint: If you're dong the whole system look for a twin-box varaint. Was an option back in the day. If you can find one, quieter, and less restrictive. More so with a 2.5, those had twin-box when they lived in the 90/110.

TwinBoxExhaustFrom OptionsCat.png

Edited by Landrover17H