Cyber truck roof for 90?

mad_pete

Currently I’m finding my 90 truck cab a touch cosy. I’m not sure I want to go all the way to a hard top but wondering I’m I could put a cybertruck style slope roof on it get a bit more seat space and little bit of load area cover.

Defender - I don’t do curves 

Cybertruck - hold my beer 

i think the dimensions aren’t quite there but maybe halfway between that a tomcat style back. Roller load area would be quite fun.

Can you cad up aluminium sheets and get someone to folder them up for you?

i might get photoshop out later and see how it goes. 

I've seen a 90 like you discribe it was on eBay I think about 3 years ago. It looked kinda cool. It wouldn't be that hard to fab it yourself. But I see no reason why a sheet metal firm shouldn't be able to fold to CAD, template, rough stretch or measurements.

Mike

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2020 at 6:34 PM, mad_pete said:

Can you cad up aluminium sheets and get someone to folder them up for you?

Yup! All I do with my friendly laser cutter chap is send him a step file of the finished model. His software then sorts out the bend radii and flattens the model for cutting. Dimensions are then fed into the CNC press brake :D 

This was a model on my PC and turned into some nice folded parts... Steel in this case but the same applies! 

6.thumb.jpeg.1c6ee28ab4223e238f67a0ae3eabc028.jpeg