Galvanic corrosion interesting read

Maverik

After a recent topic I read on here about fastner choices, always a hot topic for me working with ships but as equally transferable to Land rovers I find it quite interesting, anyway found this short yet interesting article on galvanic corrosion.

https://www.assda.asn.au/technical-info/technical-faqs/galvanicdissimilar-metal-corrosion

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

In short, stop using stainless fasteners on your land rover!

No! If you know the mentioned article, you will know where you can use them and where not.

Another issue is the thickness of materials. Since decades I use stainless steel screws on motorcycle engines and never experienced any problems.

Never use stainless steel in contact with thin aluminum plates.

Edited by Sigi_H

14 hours ago, Badger110 said:

@Sigi_H please explain your avatar :D

This happened by chance, when I put tomatoes on the table some time. The binoculars was there before and the tomatoes rolled by chance into this position. I took the opportunity to take a picture. It says a lot, how one sometimes see things ... with tomatoes on the eyes ... ☝️

Edited by Sigi_H
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1