RRC / 4HP22 - auto kick down cable 'pull' distance

=jon=

Hi

I've got a 4HP22 which I believe is from a v8 RRC in my 110 - however the throttle end of the kickdown cable has had to be fabricated as the mechanisms are different (I've got a Thor top end, which AFAIK never had a mechanical kickdown). 

I've played around with the adjustment - following the process at: https://forums.lr4x4.com/topic/89827-zf4hp22-kick-down-adjustmentquestions/ and even with it wound out to the 3.5mm suggested by Bowie it will change at about 3500-4000RPM even with your foot flat to the floor. I am wondering if the amount of 'pull' is wrong, so even on full throttle it is only pulling the kickdown cable 3/4 of the way out...

So - if someone with a proper setup could measure how much the kickdown cable is pulled out between no and full throttle that would be great :) Likewise if anyone has a Thor v8 with mechanical kickdown I'd be interested to see how you have it set up... 

Thanks

Jon

FWIW in case anyone else is trying to figure stuff out...

I reckon the throttle pull is approx 1.5" / 3.8cm. 

I reckon the kickdown pull is about 1cm longer, from slack until you get over the 'click' to indicate kickdown - so 1.9" / 4.81cm

Next plan is to see if I can rig up another pulley on the thor throttle body of about the right size to mean you get kickdown at about wide open throttle...

Looks like someone else had a similar issue, but has access to a lathe and more resources/skill than me!

https://discoweb.org/index.php?threads/bosch-intake-on-a-d1.96998/

Edited by =jon=