Cruise Control

I spend a lot of time on the motorway with the 200tdi. Fitting cruise control would probably be quite useful as I try to travel the long distances at times when the roads are empty.

I see Retroanaconda has previously fitted the Waeco Magicspeed MS-700 but I can't find any of these for sale.

Has anyone done it with any other system.

I currently have a mechanical speedo but plan to fit a TD5 one in case an electronic speed signal is needed.

I fitted cruise control to my TD5 110 and it’s transformed the vehicle on longer drives.

Get it to 65mph, press the button, and then just steer.

Driving up to Scotland (430 miles) was almost a pleasure.

lf there’s a way to do it on a 200tdi it’s well worth it.

Edited by Lightning

I finally found somewhere that sells the MS-700 that James used. Waeco seem to have re-branded as Dometic and their website only seems to sell half of an electronic cruise control system. There are a couple of companies in the US that make something that might fit by the look of it as well. 

Yep - i started to type a post on it yesterday but I think its for electronically controlled fuelling systems. When i looked closer it has no actuator mechanism for controlling the FIP arm throttle linkage arm so I dont think it would work on a tdi? (Unless i am missing something?)

I dropped these guys a line https://www.apollomotorhomes.com/index.php?CurrentCat=93 as they seem to sell the MS700 but there is very little detail on their pages so its unclear what the packs come with. I will update when they get back to me

• Like 1

I have this one in hand for my 300tdi RRC,....( although I might yet change the engine).... I spoke to the lad a couple of times on the phone and he really did know his onions. I rely on cruise to take the pressure off my arthritic feet, it is a must in any daily driver as far as I am concerned. seems a simple enough system and has a choice of controls.

3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I have this one in hand for my 300tdi RRC,....( although I might yet change the engine).... I spoke to the lad a couple of times on the phone and he really did know his onions. I rely on cruise to take the pressure off my arthritic feet, it is a must in any daily driver as far as I am concerned. seems a simple enough system and has a choice of controls.

Another good option! I am glad I posted! Do you recall roughly what the price was (I cant see one on their website)?