propshaft length

smokeyone

I am still have my forever ongoing 300tdi/five speed project and am thinking about moving the lot back about an inch -to gain slightly more room at the front. Would I get away with standard propshafts - would the two inch slip joint be enough. Otherwise is there a standard propshaft either one inch longer or one inch shorter that would fit. I have been through the various LR propshaft lengths but all seem more than one inch/25mm difference.

I would think you may have issues with extreme suspension travel getting close to separating the prop shaft for the sake of an inch does it really need to go back if so then you will need to shorten / lengthen as required I have done this in the past by making an interference fit bush for the prop half's to fit into before welding up had no issues with balancing afterwards regards Stephen 

Thank you for the advice - I almost guessed you were going to say that - looks like I might be shortening/lengthening propshafts. The only other idea I found which would only solve the rear propshaft length is to relocate the springs on the axle by re-drilling the pin hole - but is it such a good idea -