Difflock mystery on my 90

Hello ,

I have have some work done on my old (1985) 90 over the past months and I am missing my difflock light

It seems the cable is no longer there, the switch is though

So my question is where in the loom does it connect, as I can only presume it got pulled out with gearbox during change some time ago and never returned

It used to work fine before

I see a 4 way connector close to the clutch fluid reservoir so am wondering is that it, but maybe someone could point me to where it should connect

Thanks

Rod

rwalsh53@gmail.com

If I recall correctly, there's a switch near the point the diff lock linkage enters the transfer box housing. It's a one-wire spade connector terminal. If it's not been connected you should be able to see the wire dangling near by.

On a right hand drive vehicle this will be more or less in line with the handbrake lever, but a tad further forward.

Switch sits between on top of the front housing to rear of the diff lock linkage, it's a pig to get at on a fitted box, plain black wire from switch to one of the Cross shaft housing bolts, other wire is black with blue trace from other terminal on switch to a bullet connection at top of right chassis rail under drivers floor, 

Switch is at end of pointer in photo below

IMG_20200212_203322.jpg

Thanks for the replies lads,

Its the standard LT77 + lt230 I believe.

problem is its the cable thats missing not the switch.

these two are recently fitted but the cable was previously missing from an earlier changout

so, what i edd is to fit a new cable - to where is the question

ta

Rod

I've already posted the correct wire colours in my reply above. 

22 hours ago, western said:

plain black wire from switch to one of the Cross shaft housing bolts, other wire is black with blue trace from other terminal on switch to a bullet connection at top of right chassis rail under drivers floor