How easy to find a camp site?

Carter Parry

Hey all.

I have been interested in the landrover lifestyle for a while, and have come up with a business idea and I was wondering for some opinions and feedback on the idea.

I have personally been struggling to easily find a campsite, or scenic location that accept 4x4s . And this is were my idea starts. I was thinking of setting up a website that lists the different locations, depending on where they are in the country. This makes it easier for people to plan there fun adventures and make it a quick easy job to find camp grounds. 

I know it’s a rough idea but I was hoping for some thoughts.

so what do you think of the idea. Would you personally use this type of site? What do you think we should change about the idea? Do you think there is a gap in the market for this type of site? Any other ideas?

let me know

Carter

Hi Carter, welcome to the forum.

While we don’t allow advertising of commercial enterprises on this forum I have approved your post on the basis that it is a discussion about ideas, rather than an advert for an existing business.

With regard to your question, I can’t say I’ve ever found places saying no 4x4s. Many campsites don’t allow camping right by your car, but I presume that would apply regardless of vehicle type.

I agree with @Anderzander. We have used the park4night app many times. It's very easy to use, shows the different types of site  from official camp-site to unofficial overnight place in a clearing. It also provides a "drive to" link that makes navigation easy and reviews too which are very helpful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...