Swivel housing Railko Bush type

I need to do another set of swivels, last time I used all EAC parts stuff at the top and Timken bearings in the bottom but I found that I needed almost no shims so no chance to "take out" any for future adjustments, wonder what brand others have used and would recommend? (I stripped an old one today and that had loads of shims and it got me wondering ) and yes  I did put the little fibre discs in ,  Angus 

The EAC railcos are the best I've found. Mine came with two thicknesses of washer, which on my castings required using the thinner one. Sounds like you'd want the thicker option. Can't go wrong with Timken either. 

Mine were for series, but they may be the same part. I ended up turning down the ends of the pins as I needed quite a stack of shims even with the thin washers. The fault there was the pins being too long, though, so worth checking yours for wear. 

It's been at least 15 years since I rebushed my old 90 in this way. I had a similar problem (no shims needed) and ended up fitting 2 thrust washers in each side. This wasn't ideal as I found myself having to make extra shims up to get the preload right. 1mm steel IIRC.

22 hours ago, landroversforever said:

I can't remember what brand they were, but the last two complete kits I've bought have come from Bearmach.

I personally wouldn't be too worried if they don't require shims. As they wear and need shims they'll be wearing the diameter too so I'd just replace them when they need it. 

Ross, you take shims OUT as they wear to add swivel preload, hence it being a problem if you can't have a stack of shims in there when new 😉