Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I've been following this thread and may I just say Thank you Monkie , not only for taking the time to put that clear and factual post together but also for the vital work you and many others on here are doing for all the country , for my part I'm keeping busy for now at home and sticking to the rules .

cheers

Steve b

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, steve b said:

I've been following this thread and may I just say Thank you Monkie , not only for taking the time to put that clear and factual post together but also for the vital work you and many others on here are doing for all the country , for my part I'm keeping busy for now at home and sticking to the rules .

cheers

Steve b

No need to thank me - but I'll take it to the bank! When I'm not in labs I too am staying at home do work remotely where possible.

I want to reassure people of the truth as there is a lot of nonsense out there causing confusion. I don't want people to be anxious that we are all going to die and we aren't able to test - this is not true at all.

Its like a big game of chinese wispers going up the chain in the government, then to top ministers who appear on TV and the radio who (no fault of their own) can't accurately describe the science and is then misrepresented to the members of the public who (mostly) don't understand the science by the press who don't understand the science.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, monkie said:

No need to thank me - but I'll take it to the bank! When I'm not in labs I too am staying at home do work remotely where possible.

I want to reassure people of the truth as there is a lot of nonsense out there causing confusion. I don't want people to be anxious that we are all going to die and we aren't able to test - this is not true at all.

Its like a big game of chinese wispers going up the chain in the government, then to top ministers who appear on TV and the radio who (no fault of their own) can't accurately describe the science and is then misrepresented to the members of the public who (mostly) don't understand the science by the press who don't understand the science.

Interesting post on science and chinese whispers. Keep up the good work fella!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 5:22 PM, Anderzander said:

Just like there is no sign of Land Rover on here at all !  Madness ! 

2F736B89-AE06-49BF-B838-9E2E26A5EC8A.thumb.jpeg.8f7dd215ef0743bad42260c0336d4f56.jpeg

Scary statistics, considering the Grenfell disaster was caused by a hotpoint fridge freezer.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t worry Monkie , I think most people on here are smart enough to ignore the BS printed by the media 

 

and that goes for everything the print not just the current pandemic! I wouldn’t trust a tabloid journalist as far as I could kick them 

Edited by Ozzy50
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peaklander said:

@monkie thanks, that was a great post. I hope you don't mind, I've already quoted you when talking to my family. 

Of course not if it helps to spread calm

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, monkie said:

Its like a big game of chinese wispers going up the chain in the government, then to top ministers who appear on TV and the radio who (no fault of their own) can't accurately describe the science and is then misrepresented to the members of the public who (mostly) don't understand the science by the press who don't understand the science.

Then that lack of understanding gets noticed and a percentage of the public take if for conspiracy and start joining dots that don't exist lol..... 

Stuck at home with bugger all to do I've been surfing FB its amazing how inventivily stupid people can be..... joining dots that don't exist and how strongly they believe the world is out to get them 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, De Ranged said:

Stuck at home with bugger all to do I've been surfing FB its amazing how inventivily stupid people can be..... joining dots that don't exist and how strongly they believe the world is out to get them

FB is like visiting a lunatic asylum - even people you thought were rational and sensible human beings post utter cack on FB. I have to dip in once a month to update club stuff and that's once too often, if it wasn't for that I'd have deleted my account years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

FB is like visiting a lunatic asylum - even people you thought were rational and sensible human beings post utter cack on FB. I have to dip in once a month to update club stuff and that's once too often, if it wasn't for that I'd have deleted my account years ago.

If u want to find lunatics and conspiracy theorists Instagram is the place to be ! I haven’t used my account in over a year but can only imagine the utter drivel being peddled on there atm 🤪

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, monkie said:

the press who don't understand the science.

Not just that but in order to get their sales / ratings / whatever up they tend to sensationalise whatever they print. I honestly can't remember what the article was about but there was one that popped up in my news feed a few days ago which the headline was something along the lines of "caused by the coronavirus". I thought yeah right so went to read the article and the virus was not mentioned apart from in the headline. What they had written was technically not incorrect but due to the subtle use of some punctuation they'd probably got everyone's attention and probably a vast majority of people wouldn't bother reading the article to realise it was utter rubbish.

14 hours ago, Ozzy50 said:

I think most people on here are smart enough to ignore the BS printed by the media

I don't think we (as in the forum members) are the issue here :rofl:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mad_pete said:

What 5G masts don’t cause the virus ?!?!?

They've started disguising them as trees man!!

image.thumb.png.42be84f6ffb2bac73f644f2f46bee8d5.png

(Just south of Dunblane on the A9 as you approach the next roundabout)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ed Poore said:

I think that would have the reverse effect - the actual trees next door would burn :hysterical:

I might stop the covidiots from attempting to visit the wood for 'exercise' though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very powerful stuff. Every idiot who refuses to play by the rules for their own and others safety should be made to listen to that. 

I hope the new found thanks for medical professionals sticks after we out the other side of this. 

I have nothing but the utmost respect for that Dr and his colleagues. Can you imagine having to work day after day in the conditions he describes? 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately the new found gratitude will probably stick till the crisis is over then we'll all go back to criticising the poor ambulance response, overpaid middle management, foreign doctors and slow GP appointments.   Remember the recent terrorist attacks and the praise in the press for the Police?  Well now on top of terrorism,the daily drudgery of dealing with unwashed petty burglars/car thieves, death in all its forms, drug addled domestic abuse, being spat at/stabbed/punched, sorting out car crashes and picking up parts after suicidal train spotters, they have to deal with the fallout and protestations of the worst kind of customer of all - white middle class ramblers in uproar after being spoken to in the wrong tone of voice. 🙄

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Eightpot said:

Unfortunately the new found gratitude will probably stick till the crisis is over then we'll all go back to criticising the poor ambulance response, overpaid middle management, foreign doctors and slow GP appointments.   Remember the recent terrorist attacks and the praise in the press for the Police?  Well now on top of terrorism,the daily drudgery of dealing with unwashed petty burglars/car thieves, death in all its forms, drug addled domestic abuse, being spat at/stabbed/punched, sorting out car crashes and picking up parts after suicidal train spotters, they have to deal with the fallout and protestations of the worst kind of customer of all - white middle class ramblers in uproar after being spoken to in the wrong tone of voice. 🙄

I think you have got that absolutely right Eightpot. 

We went to supermarket this morning for another pallet of toilet rolls, had to queue for about an hour, but overheard a woman moaning on the phone about how it wasn't fair, and that she didn't have time for this ! Was white middle class as you have said.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen that the reported death number is about 2 weeks behind and includes only hospital deaths.  This combined with low levels of testing means we have a pretty unclear picture of the current state of the outbreak.


Still I think on the most part people did stay in. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Eightpot said:

Unfortunately the new found gratitude will probably stick till the crisis is over then we'll all go back to criticising the poor ambulance response, overpaid middle management, foreign doctors and slow GP appointments.   Remember the recent terrorist attacks and the praise in the press for the Police?  Well now on top of terrorism,the daily drudgery of dealing with unwashed petty burglars/car thieves, death in all its forms, drug addled domestic abuse, being spat at/stabbed/punched, sorting out car crashes and picking up parts after suicidal train spotters, they have to deal with the fallout and protestations of the worst kind of customer of all - white middle class ramblers in uproar after being spoken to in the wrong tone of voice. 🙄

100% accurate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy