Coronavirus

Anderzander

Just shows they should've listened to the americans and not allowed the chinese 5g hardware, it's clearly how they're spreading the virus!

I cant go on social media for all the stupid. People posting saying theyve been to the shops for a few bits and cant believe how many people are there why aren't they at home? Why do they see themselves as different?

Then there are all the people who are sharing bbc news stories on the local community pages. If I can find this page I'm pretty sure I can find an international media outlet with tv, radio and internet. 

Grumpy old man for sure! 

We are about the magic period from when the people all went out for mothers day so hopefully the number of cases will start to fall away, that and increased nhs capacity will hopefully see restrictions lifted otherwise lots of businesses will go under, lots of people will lose homes, people will die from cancer treatments and operations that were put on hold and so on. Tough balance! Not that the nhs can treat it, just try to minimise and effects of the symptoms and hope that overall it takes enough strain off you so you can survive it. That depends on your general health and how much you've been exposed. 

some of the social media stuff is beyond mad the sheer scary hype still and seeing people slowly go mad, jumping on every comment and desperate to shop neighbours or friends to police just to be seen to do something.   

Actually went out off where i live (locked estate) today for first time since lockdown began and drove car, only did 1 mile for an essential journey and didnt come in contact with a soul, felt odd doing it.

been cracking on with jobs at home in garden since private and its taking longer second guessing every move to ensure i dont join rank of diy accident.

be very interesting to see how badly the last great weekend out a lot of people took affects us by end of this week for sure, got feeling wont be great news.

5 hours ago, Ozzy50 said:

No lol it is sad how dumb people are.... I joined the 5G group because I do have some concerns as to long term effects of usage of 5G frequency as it is a form of radiation...

But what I've found lol idiots who think Cov19 is radiation posioning and are trying to organise to cut towers down..... another group of idiots who are trying to get groups together NOW to protest in every main center because they believe some thwack on FB who told them virus's can't spread and the lockdown is for other purposes.... and now that FB, Youtube and the Govt are taking down dangerous or inflamitory stuff the conspiracy carp has gained more fuel lol 

I thought the human race had evolved enough Darwinism no longer applied.... instead Socail Media, is going to apply it to the gullible and stupid 

Also a source of disturbing interest is the growing wave of Americans, wilfully ignoring their isolation policies, which they see as a violation on individual freedom by the same type of oppressive government their forefathers overthrew 😱

5 hours ago, De Ranged said:

No lol it is sad how dumb people are.... I joined the 5G group because I do have some concerns as to long term effects of usage of 5G frequency as it is a form of radiation...

Better stop welding then. Or taking planes. Or going to hospitals. Or eating bananas. Or have Wi-Fi at home.

The new high-frequency 5G can't even go through walls. So you'll only be exposed when you're outside. At which point you're exposed to a much, much greater source of radiation that we've had around for quite some time...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anderzander said:

Also a source of disturbing interest is the growing wave of Americans, wilfully ignoring their isolation policies, which they see as a violation on individual freedom by the same type of oppressive government their forefathers overthrew 😱

Did you see the bit on the BBC the other night about the militia that are ready to take action should the government impinge too much on their freedoms? It was insane! The even crazier thing is that the militia weren't even new as a result of coronavirus, they've existed for a while as a 'just in case' measure. They're a bunch of military wannabees and were dressed in desert cammo with their wee name tags on their chests and everything. Sadly they also had access to a lot of guns and ammunition. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, paime said:

Did you see the bit on the BBC the other night about the militia that are ready to take action should the government impinge too much on their freedoms? It was insane! The even crazier thing is that the militia weren't even new as a result of coronavirus, they've existed for a while as a 'just in case' measure. They're a bunch of military wannabees and were dressed in desert cammo with their wee name tags on their chests and everything. Sadly they also had access to a lot of guns and ammunition. 

I think that good old Louis Theroux did one of his programmes on this but in the USA.

31 minutes ago, paime said:

There are quite a few of these type of people here in the UK too. Maybe not in an organised militia type thing, but dress like this, go to paintball and airsoft type things.

I have never been able to understand why they don't just join the Army and have done with it.

2 minutes ago, smallfry said:

There are quite a few of these type of people here in the UK too. Maybe not in an organised militia type thing, but dress like this, go to paintball and airsoft type things.

I have never been able to understand why they don't just join the Army and have done with it.

I would presume because the army is government run so part of some sort of conspiracy in their minds? 

27 minutes ago, monkie said:

I would presume because the army is government run so part of some sort of conspiracy in their minds? 

I think the idea of being a bad-ass is what compels them to behave like utter loons. I'm so glad we have the gun laws we do in the UK and that's coming from a shotgun permit holder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elbekko said:

Better stop welding then. Or taking planes. Or going to hospitals. Or eating bananas. Or have Wi-Fi at home.

The new high-frequency 5G can't even go through walls. So you'll only be exposed when you're outside. At which point you're exposed to a much, much greater source of radiation that we've had around for quite some time...

Lol I'm awear of this and under current standards it is safe to within a few meters of the arial.... my concern is we are now utilising this radiation in a concistent way.... every day 

I'm not against the technology we just need monitoring in place.... think of it like smoking it wasn't till medical trends showed there was a problem that we reacted, wouldn't it be better if there were university studies in place to see if there is or isn't a increase in cancer in relation to location ? 

12 minutes ago, smallfry said:

Not a chance they have a distrust of anyone who knows something they don't lol or is doing something they don't understand...... honestly if they didn't have the potential for life threatening danger they'd be funny to watch..... I've been messaging some of them in the FB group and once they have proof (some coincidence in date or other) thats it there mind is made up... it doesn't matter what proof you provide they are locked and they will not concider anything else can be true, to the piont they will even put up contridictory evidence to reinforce there view  ..... to be honest I think it must be similar to sucide bombers belief 

The kinda ironic thing is if they actually manage to organize themselves and take down cellphone towers across NZ it will probably be the thing that involves the Miltary and we will end up with martial law lol which is what most of them see the Govt wanting to impose 

15 minutes ago, De Ranged said:

I'm not against the technology we just need monitoring in place.... think of it like smoking it wasn't till medical trends showed there was a problem that we reacted, wouldn't it be better if there were university studies in place to see if there is or isn't a increase in cancer in relation to location ? 

Plenty of studies going on... and I wouldn't count on those FB pages to give you any information that goes against what they believe in.

Anyone interested in the science behind the Coronavirus outbreak could do a lot worse that to watch this presentation by Professor Hazel Barton. Hazel (whom I know a little) is an expert in microbial life, particularly in low energy and primitive environments and her CV includes helping NASA to develop tests for microbial life on other planets.

The presentation is billed as "A short introduction to viruses, virology, and what the coronavirus is, and a discussion about where we think the virus comes from, how it causes disease, and where we are in dealing with it. Think of this as a short virology course for someone with no background in biology.

The presentation was prepared and presented on line for the USA’s National Speleological Society and the production is a bit shaky in places, but the information is still good and useful. 

You can view the presentation here:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nickwilliams said:

The presentation was prepared and presented on line for the USA’s National Speleological Society and the production is a bit shaky in places, but the information is still good and useful. 

Why on earth was it produced for a caving society?!! (Okay, technically cave studies).

29 minutes ago, geoffbeaumont said:

Why on earth was it produced for a caving society?!! 

Originated in a cave supposedly,  some delicious bat. Then some Chinese wizard dropped it in a cauldron with eye of pangolin, said a few words and ☆BOOMF☆  we all got the covid.  

21 hours ago, geoffbeaumont said:

Why on earth was it produced for a caving society?!! (Okay, technically cave studies).

Because Hazel is a caver (as am I, which is how I know her) and quite a bit of her research over the years has been in caves where microbes are often the only life present. 

3 hours ago, nickwilliams said:

Because Hazel is a caver (as am I, which is how I know her) and quite a bit of her research over the years has been in caves where microbes are often the only life present. 

I never expected my caving and land rover interests to cross over - via a major epidemic :blink: Although that said while I'm still a member of Red Rose Cave and Pothole Club I haven't been active for some time. So pretty much the same as on the land rover front. Armchair caver. Armchair land rover enthusiast. That's somewhat depressing :( Must be time for a mid life crisis!

I had to leave our property and drive a few miles to our doctors surgery to pick up my monthly repeat prescriptions, furthest I've driven in weeks and it felt somewhat odd. Surprised at the amount of traffic considering it was all rural lanes and B roads, cyclists all over the place too. Our place is a few miles away from our nearest village yet there are loudly chattering walkers everywhere, off the footpaths, around the headlands and up and down our track that has no public access rights. Just an observation.

This is a thought provoking and sobering thread, interesting though.

1 hour ago, Cynic-al said:

One of the reasons a lot of americans support gun ownership even if they dont have one is the ability to overthrow a government. Goes back to early american history. 

What I don't understand about American gun law enshrined by the second amendment of the constitution is the range of weapons you can leagaly own if you are a US citizen. I'm not saying I agree with it but a hand gun is one thing for self protection but Joe public being allowed to have assult rifles, semi-automatic and fully automatic weapons (pre 1986) really seems odd to me.

It's a cultural thing and to them it's as normal as tea and crumpets is to us. My old boss was a Texan and he once drove me from Houston to Dallas. When he picked me up from the hotel he went to the back of the car, pulled out a handgun in a holster and tucked it in between his seat and the centre console. When i asked him what was going on he said that it keeps him calm as he knows that if he pulls it out then there will be consequences. i didn't get his logic then and i still don't get it now.