Turbocharger

Pump My Ride - Ninety on air

31 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

I've wondered about it for my 90.... not done anything about it get mind :P 

.........Is this the quote of the year ? :) Have you been able to get in your shed yet Ross ?

An interesting thread TC been following it with interest , the 90 gives an added challenge with the short wheelbase making front - rear pitch more significant .

cheers

Steve  b

2 minutes ago, steve b said:

.........Is this the quote of the year ? :) Have you been able to get in your shed yet Ross ?

An interesting thread TC been following it with interest , the 90 gives an added challenge with the short wheelbase making front - rear pitch more significant .

cheers

Steve  b

I’ve decided against it for the moment. Would be just my luck to get some carp in my eye even with specs on. 

1 hour ago, cackshifter said:

There was a thread on here where it was proposed to replace the 110 CSW Boge Strut with an air spring (from an air suspended cab) . It had occurred to me that would let you vary the pressure in the outer bags if you needed to adjust roll stiffness while maintaining the load capacity.

I'm hoping by controlling airflow between the two outer bags that it'll achieve the same aim - a kind of 'virtual' central bag. Only experience will tell if that works though.

Bits turned up for the Disco 2 bags today, so that's the next session covered for fact seeking and investigation.

I'm going to need electrical plugs to match the height sensors and ideally the P38 solenoid block box too - any ideas where to source these (at sensible money)? Otherwise I'll just cut them off, extend the wires and find something suitably waterproof which I can populate the pins myself.

3 minutes ago, Turbocharger said:

I'm going to need electrical plugs to match the height sensors and ideally the P38 solenoid block box too - any ideas where to source these (at sensible money)? Otherwise I'll just cut them off, extend the wires and find something suitably waterproof which I can populate the pins myself.

What do the plugs look like John? 

Doesn't @PaulMc on here know all about connectors used on LR stuff?

• Like 1

Just now, mickeyw said:

Doesn't @PaulMc on here know all about connectors used on LR stuff?

He certainly does :)

There's several plugs. For each I got the corresponding length off the P38 but that's a limited supply and the wires are old and brittle.

Compressorhas a chunky plug with (I presume) power, ground and something from the pressure sensor to trigger it.

IMG_20200330_175331.thumb.jpg.38963257b9a6b8c1cf99bf4ef77a4034.jpg

The solenoid box has two plugs (red & purple) and presumably the slave ECU (yellow) which does the PWM magic. I'll be replacing this with MOSFETs controlled by the Arduino.

1949524894_IMG_20200330_1755552.thumb.jpg.28889c41ebce72fcedd6fddd4a9a13ad.jpg

The purple plug is internal to the box and presumably runs one of the solenoids or a sensor. The red plug would be handy to interface with:

IMG_20200330_175508.thumb.jpg.0bd7942016016c13fad7402479491353.jpg

Looks like I was smart enough to get the corresponding bits off the P38 too so should be ok with these until I break either.

IMG_20200330_181015.thumb.jpg.757808130aec606075e1d56a89bfcc12.jpg

The height sensors each have a short tail of old brittle loom so these will be more of a problem in the longer term.

IMG_20200330_180938.thumb.jpg.e5fd6dcc72f41cb50c683d4c213ca974.jpg

Any ideas for these?

That last one looks like an Econoseal as found on the back of a later defender stop/tail.

In fact,  I think they are all differing versions of an Econoseal. @paulMC will know for sure.

Sometimes manufacturers use what look like generic plugs, but they like to complicate matters by throwing in an non-standard orientation tang .

I've been caught out by this in the past 😕