Hole saws

Gazzar

2 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Another vote for starret here. Unless you've got enough torque to run something like a rotabroach.

Biggest problem with holesaws is most people run them waaaaaaay too fast. Which then causes them to both go blunt and wander around.

Yep, slow as you can and plenty of cutting fluid. I never know if 3 in 1 oil (which is what i use, as I haven't got anything else) gives any benefit or that I should invest in some proper cutting fluid which is thicker.

Steve

1 minute ago, steve200TDi said:

Yep, slow as you can and plenty of cutting fluid. I never know if 3 in 1 oil (which is what i use, as I haven't got anything else) gives any benefit or that I should invest in some proper cutting fluid which is thicker.

Steve

Anything is good! Strangely one of the best for aluminium is isopropyl alcohol :). RTD paste or fluid is a pretty good cutting fluid (smells nice when you get it hot too :lol:). The main thing with a lot of the cutting fluids is that they're quite sticky so they stay on the cutter.

1 minute ago, landroversforever said:

Anything is good! Strangely one of the best for aluminium is isopropyl alcohol :). RTD paste or fluid is a pretty good cutting fluid (smells nice when you get it hot too :lol:). The main thing with a lot of the cutting fluids is that they're quite sticky so they stay on the cutter.

Oh yes, that's the stuff we have at work....nice smell!:D