2a headlight fittings

bluespanner

Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier of the correct fitting kit for 2a headlights? Mine is a lights in the middle. I’m struggling to find anything for sale that isn’t a) for series 2 chrome bezel type or b) 2a/3 lights in the wings models 

Pics added From google because I think it’s what I need. 

cheers folks

29705FE0-1F20-4440-912C-65C2DCD7507E.png

591A1215-3D17-49FA-B091-701219EDBDAA.png

Mmm , that style is a bit of an odd ball to other 7" round mounts , it might be feasible to use the ring and clamps from the more common type and fit M4 nutserts where the adjuster screw head and anchor fit , using the 3 o'clock as the anchor with a suitable spacer between the panel and ring . the other two would be the adjusters with some sort of retainer on the screw at the back of the panel - maybe a nyloc nut wound up to allow the screw to turn and not float about .

A small compression spring between the nyloc and the mounting ring on the two adjusters would stop them self adjusting .

I never quite understood why LR had this system , for only a year or so , and earlier and immediately later years had the surface mount with the bezel .

cheers

Steve  b

• Like 1

I like Steve B’s idea 💡 

The one in the picture has no bowl, but I would think if you bought the generic bowl type (along with a couple of halogen lights) then you would be able to make something work.

it looks as simple as your grill panel having integrated front rims, behind that you would think you’d have a number of options for fitting it in and adjusting it.

• 2 years later...
On 4/4/2020 at 9:39 AM, Anderzander said:

I like Steve B’s idea 💡 

The one in the picture has no bowl, but I would think if you bought the generic bowl type (along with a couple of halogen lights) then you would be able to make something work.

it looks as simple as your grill panel having integrated front rims, behind that you would think you’d have a number of options for fitting it in and adjusting it.

I have the same problem - I spoke to a member of the GRTC at Goodwood.  Looking at his there is no bowl because LR decided to put a battery where the bowl should be.  Normally, adjustment is carried out by fixing the bowl behind the fixing ring and then moving the fixing ring to adjust the headlight (teaching Grandmothers here) on the non chrome bezel the front panel is fixed and the bowl is moved.  I ordered and returned a fixing kit because the headlight clamp ring wouldn't go over the headlamp and the ring was a few mm to small to line up with the holes in the front panel.  2BA screws shouldn't be a problem, I'll make some.  Its the ring I'm after. Any ideas?

You could try Holden.co.uk , although a quick look on the site suggests most options are surface mount with various back bowls which LR did fit as mentioned above . 

The early 2 door RRC headlight assy. is similar but not exactly the same - PRC1852  and seating ring RTC1821 , adjuster screw kit AEU1478. You might find some new old stock somewhere for this type . 

Converting to surface mount might be simplest , then complete kits are available from many sources , MGOC / Morris Minor/ Mini owners clubs etc. 

Steve