fender fuel tank DA 4545

Greetings all, maybe I am being a bit thick and not using the right search words..... but I can't seem to find any threads on the 45ltr fender tanks that fit into the 110 in the empty space in the right rear fender. 

any opinions or tips on these tanks? I am considering fitting one to my V8 110

part number seems to be DA4545 and for the later models DA4546

3 hours ago, western said:

Quite possibly because no body has written a thread about fitting one of the tanks. 

Wow Western, this feels like finding a new continent!!! something Land Rover related that has NOT BEEN DISCUSSED on this forum, a TRULY rare thing 😉😎

does anyone out there have one of these tanks installed?

• Like 1

I've had a few on vehicles.  I don't know anything about the Britpart version, looks the same as the other types though. the only thing I would strongly advise would be to add another couple of coats of paint at least. They are in a vulnerable position behind the wheel for water spray, gravel etc and Britpart rarely add enough paint anyway.  Plus once it's fitted you cant access four sides of it. 

I wouldn't use one on a diesel as the range on a full tank is enough , more useful in a V8 though and better than keeping cans of fuel inside the car.

• Thanks 1

thanks 8pot, I would probably buy one of the german ones made out of Stainless as my vehicle is registered in germany and I need a special paper to get the vehicle through the TÜV (german MOT)

I see most of them seem to have the outflow pipe about halfway down the tank, do they then have another smaller drain pipe that connects to the fuel tank sump? or how does one use the lower bit of fuel?

The tanks join togther with a short section of filler tube, from bottom of the extended tank into the neck of the standard tank.  Fuel just flows through.  There is often a small balance pipe running underneath, joining the two tanks also, screwed into the drain plug hole on the standard tank.

Not sure it's any help for TUV but Land Rover South Africa fitted them as standard equipment to some models, though there aren't any documents to back it up. 

I had one in the Td4 I owned some years ago. Imported it from South Africa, maybe it was a Front Runner. 

A bitch to install, but really great stuff. Well protected with a metal plate underneath, and you could almost forget about jerries when traveling in Africa.

A great mod for overlanding 110s :):)