Ignition problems I think

Hi all,  my project, defender with a discovery 200tdi engine in it, I had everything working regarding ignition, lights wipers etc., weather picking up a bit so removed covers sheets from truck and do some more work on it, problem i have is start engine with key, no problem, turn key off ignition still on,the only way i can turn ignition off is with the side light switch, took key out and turned ignition on with side light switch any ideas, dd

Live wire feed to ignition switch on the wrong terminal? 

Ignition switch faulty? I’ve recently replaced my ignition switch as I had problems and this happened to me on a couple of occasions, mind you, the side lights thing is weird. 

Hi, update all switches off, ignition on side lights permanently on, ignition off side lights go off, ignition off turn side lights on by switch lights on dash and can operate wipers, leave sidelght switch on start engine with key, turn key off engine still runs, turn sidelights switch off engine stops, all lights work on truck except indicators, but they do work on the hazards, any ideas, dd