Hi, great weather at the moment getting loads done on my project, defender 110 91 reg, with 200tdi discovery engine in it, question is, is the clutch pipe work servo ect, independent from braking system, I used to copy things off my 90 but sold it last year, any pictures would be better, dd

so the one underneath is rear brake, sorry to be a pain but looked at brake servo and there's no switch like there was on the other one, it came from 300tdi  I think, also I now have a switch on the clutch reservoir could you tell me what wires go to this switch, and what do I do about brake servo, dd

Td5 and onwards vehicles have a switch on the clutch pedal that tells the ECU that you have pressed the pedal. They can be omitted when fitting to earlier vehicles.

The brake switch is on the rear face of the pedal box, on the bit that faces the bulkhead. A pain to get to when fitted.

12 hours ago, defender dinky said:

so the one underneath is rear brake, sorry to be a pain but looked at brake servo and there's no switch like there was on the other one, it came from 300tdi  I think, also I now have a switch on the clutch reservoir could you tell me what wires go to this switch, and what do I do about brake servo, dd

Yes rear brakes go to the single connection nearest the master cylinder mounting flange. 

switch on clutch cylinder is not required. 

I'm confused, first photo brake master cylinder has only two ports at the master cylinder but has a switch, second photo is the one on my vehicle, with three ports but no switch, so what would you suggest if I swop brake boxes then I'll only have two ports for the brakes, do I need a switch on the brake box?, third photo showing three ports one is at the front underneath, dd

20200409_092511.jpg

20200409_092409.jpg

On that last photo, someone has installed a later style master cylinder with an earlier style brake pipe setup or some custom mess. You can see the third port is plugged. You will need to follow the pipe to see what some idiot previous owner has done.

The switch on the brake pedal box is for the brake lights.  Without it, you have no lights...

Edited by Red90

Yea mate I'm the idiot, because my other cylinder only had two ports and was unsure what to do so i blanked it, so should I put the other servo on, but it's only got two ports,but has a brake switch, would it work if I just swop the master cylinders over, the photo is of the brake lines on truck, something bolted to chassis can't remember what it's called rear brake line passes through it, dd

20200409_172209.jpg

Took these from my 1989 110CSW

1st photo, 2 port brake master cylinder, front pipe to front brakes via PDWA & T piece at right spring mount. 

2nd photo, brake light switch on back face of brake pedal housing. 

3rd photo, pipes from left from master cylinder to PDWA then out to front & rear brakes. 

IMG_20200409_182913.jpg

IMG_20200409_183005.jpg

IMG_20200409_183027.jpg

the valve bolted to top face of your chassis is either a G valve or combination valve, these replaced the PDWA on later vehicles. 

this is the front brake pipe routing on my 1989 vehicle & pre 300tdi 110. you can see the T piece at the spring mount & the pipe to left front brake, the 2 pipes with yellow capsin bottom right are from bottom of the pdwa. The draker colour pipe goes to the rear brakes.

on 300tdi on the left front brake pipe runs across the bulkhead just below the rain gutter at rear of the bonnet.

hope these help.

post-20-0-45805200-1383255039_thumb.jpg

3 hours ago, Red90 said:

On that last photo, someone has installed a later style master cylinder with an earlier style brake pipe setup or some custom mess. You can see the third port is plugged. You will need to follow the pipe to see what some idiot previous owner has done.

The switch on the brake pedal box is for the brake lights.  Without it, you have no lights...

Hi, I still have brake lights the switch is on the pedal, dd

32 minutes ago, western said:

the valve bolted to top face of your chassis is either a G valve or combination valve, these replaced the PDWA on later vehicles. 

this is the front brake pipe routing on my 1989 vehicle & pre 300tdi 110. you can see the T piece at the spring mount & the pipe to left front brake, the 2 pipes with yellow capsin bottom right are from bottom of the pdwa. The draker colour pipe goes to the rear brakes.

on 300tdi on the left front brake pipe runs across the bulkhead just below the rain gutter at rear of the bonnet.

hope these help.

post-20-0-45805200-1383255039_thumb.jpg

My left front runs across bulkhead, if I keep the brake box and master cylinder I've got installed, the two ports on the side one to left front caliper one to front right caliper and one underneath to rear brakes, is that right way to do it, I have brake lights, switch is on the pedal, just did'nt know what the switch on the servo was for, would I need to install any more G valves or pdwa's for front brakes, thks dd

You need to use the later servo, bigger diameter but thinner front to back, with its matching master cylinder,  these cannot be swapped from the other servo as the mounting bolt orientation is different, 

the front pipes should go to the 2 front connections [1 on the side & 1 on the bottom] 

IIRC the right front pipe goes to the bottom connection  & left front to the forward side connection, the rear connection to rear brakes.

No you do not need to add anymore valves.