HEVAC

Simon_CSK

5 hours ago, Simon_CSK said:

... have 2 HEVAC contollers that don't illuminate ...

Sorry if you think I'm being cheeky, but the illumination is via a single 12v bulb; have you removed it and checked if it works? (Times two, obviously).

5 hours ago, Simon_CSK said:

... . Can I test them off the car? Are they coded to the car?

Don't know without studying the ETM (which I don't propose to do), and No.

Regards.

OK.   I'm still flying by memory.

The two failure modes I recall were total lack of display, equals bulb, and failure of individual elements, which was slight corrosion on the edge connectors of the display panel itself, cured by cleaning with a 'pen' containing tightly packed  'glass' bristles, and or physical packing of the edge connectors in their slots (slice of thin card?).

As the HEVAC display IS the HEVAC control, there is no separate ECU, I'd want to check the power supply via the multipin plugs, and I think I'd do this via a 12v supply, whether in the car of on the bench, rather than resistance checks. Obviously one has to be a bit cany, not to thrust 12v on pins that are not designed to accept it.

The other aspect of this unit that I recall was that it has no fault memory. If it showed an error then when power cycled it started again from scratch, working OK until it hit the fault condition. In my eyes this makes it easier to fault that the SAS? system (airbags etc).

Regards.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 6:24 PM, Simon_CSK said:

The HEVAC is now working but there isn't any display so will order a bulb kit for it.

What did you do to fix it? Bad connection somewhere?

Just now, Escape said:

What did you do to fix it? Bad connection somewhere?

Nothing it just started working. When I tried the second unit with new bulbs that one too was working. Now am putting the dash back together. Hopefully by the end of the week the car will be running perfectly and on LPG to boot.