Home made forward control/127 rims

bluespanner

Very nice, better looking than my banded LR wheels. You could alter where the cut was made on each wheel to create differinf size wheels. I supprises me that the steel wheel makers have not made a set for commercial sale as lots of LRs don't suit new style replacement steel wheels.

There is a rare, but possible bolt together version of this available.

As LR were developed from Willys/Ford GPW, you can get a pair of Jeep split rim wheels and a pair of LR split rims and seperate both sets. Rearranging them in to Jeep/LR mixed pairs produces a wide rim pair and a narrow rim pair! Now you have std wide split rim wheels and a space saver!

3 hours ago, missingsid said:

Very nice, better looking than my banded LR wheels. You could alter where the cut was made on each wheel to create differinf size wheels.

That’s more or less as wide as you can go using two 90 rims to make one of these. I want to experiment with other rims tos we what we can end up with. Trouble is the inner nave plate on a disco steel or wolf rim etc is a bigger diameter than the series which makes them hard to mate up. 

Interesting. I had similar thoughts, but came up with using a disco rim, and fit a landrover centre inside it. But my main issue that worried me was how to get it to run true; so in the end I just gave them to someone who does banding for a living.

Daan

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Daan said:

Interesting. I had similar thoughts, but came up with using a disco rim, and fit a landrover centre inside it. But my main issue that worried me was how to get it to run true; so in the end I just gave them to someone who does banding for a living.

Daan

As I did with mine. You'd never know they'd been banded both from looking at the outer surfaces and from how true they run when you spin the wheel on the axle.