Disco 300Tdi in to Defender 110

Just about got the Engine Bay sorted apart from washer bottle, which   ianmayco68 kindly donated to me, Thanks Mate. and air filter housing.

Fitted washer bottle today but there is No Way I can fit the housing in the space left. Might have to put it on the other side as others have done on this Conversion.

Need to look at more pics and study them again.  I Also have the Disco 300tdi square box, 

IMG_20200410_161318.jpg

IMG_20200410_161300.jpg

IMG_20200410_162646.jpg

Edited by kevin50

Well after a couple of days staring at this, and Faffing about placing the  different housings in and out  , turning them this way and that , I finally decided on the Disco Square box, BUT had to move washer bottle to other side. The Round Cylindrical one in pic above  was just to big and Clumsy,  I was going to bolt a plate on to the AC Mount on drivers side and fix it to that but would of meant lengthening hoses and rerouting them, ect ect.   

This way Ive done it looks quite neat and was not to hard. Just need to know best place to run front hose to.IMG_20200415_173738.thumb.jpg.777bd4bac32965d5750403e35088d6e2.jpg

IMG_20200415_173752.jpg

IMG_20200415_173945.jpg

IMG_20200415_174815.jpg

I've done much the same as you and used the 300tdi Disco air filter. From memory the intake pipework runs back under the filter box and connects to a snorkel on the passenger side using flexible conduit. There's no reason why you couldn't run it to the vent on the side of the wing if you don't intend to fit a snorkel though.

Just a thought from that last picture, is the filter housing low enough to let the bonnet close?

3 hours ago, Boris113 said:

I've done much the same as you and used the 300tdi Disco air filter. From memory the intake pipework runs back under the filter box and connects to a snorkel on the passenger side using flexible conduit. There's no reason why you couldn't run it to the vent on the side of the wing if you don't intend to fit a snorkel though.

Just a thought from that last picture, is the filter housing low enough to let the bonnet close?

Not putting snorkel in Ran out of money now,😀 Yes I thought that to but I did try the bonnet before I connected it up and it closes fine,

19 minutes ago, western said:

Or you could connect it into the heater ducting or to the left side wing intake duct, 

Never thought of that Mate, will have a look would I have to cut in to it ?

18 minutes ago, western said:

into the duct below the grille on top of the left wing, there are connection flanges available one of these would hopefully allow a decent connection https://www.google.com/search?q=3+inch+ducting+connection+flange&oq=3+inch+ducting+connection+flange&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.11064j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thanks Mine is hooked up like Diagram here. https://www.lrworkshop.com/diagrams/land-rover-defender-cooling-heating/heating-system/heater-assembly_52982  

7 minutes ago, western said:

Yep, that's standard set up. You maybe able to connect into the widest part. 

Thanks Again Mate, Think I might have just the right thing that would do.

One other thing Ive just thought about,  Although my air box is in and fitted  BUT

It is really the Opposite way to what they are usually fitted, ie the air is going through the Opposite Direction, 

Qeustion is Will this Matter ?

IMG_20200415_173945.thumb.jpg.29a224f7474cf695cbb3a4eba239bd3a.jpg 

1 hour ago, kevin50 said:

Thanks Again Mate, Think I might have just the right thing that would do.

One other thing Ive just thought about,  Although my air box is in and fitted  BUT

It is really the Opposite way to what they are usually fitted, ie the air is going through the Opposite Direction, 

Qeustion is Will this Matter ?

IMG_20200415_173945.thumb.jpg.29a224f7474cf695cbb3a4eba239bd3a.jpg 

I'd say it's not the best way to have it as all the debris that the intake will pick up wiill just sit on the top of the filter and clog it up quicker.

I have just done this. It is possible to get the air box set in the “right” way round. 

I tapped into the wing-top heater intake duct. It’s then a short run into the turbo.

Made up a bracket in ali and used a td5 washer bottle to free up the space.

The original Disco pipework can be cut up and repurposed to fit the new setup.

BF3A25AB-7B3E-4E43-AFAC-B5B5F311F196.jpeg

BA8A4710-7660-4946-902C-6BBA2A26C6C0.jpeg

05B41618-C4A3-48CA-BE55-E88812C435F1.jpeg

49 minutes ago, ottomatic said:

I have just done this. It is possible to get the air box set in the “right” way round. 

I tapped into the wing-top heater intake duct. It’s then a short run into the turbo.

Made up a bracket in ali and used a td5 washer bottle to free up the space.

The original Disco pipework can be cut up and repurposed to fit the new setup.

Thanks Mate Gonna have a go at swapping it around like yours, My washer bottle is going on the other side, if I can secure it.

11 minutes ago, reb78 said:

Is that the power steering reservoir at the front? On my 200tdi that is the other side so the cylindrical air filter housing can sit in the space then?

Yes Mate it iI was going to put it on other side, but opted for this one. Its a Nightmare trying to fit everything in. 

Excuse the bad picture but this may help, this was before I connected the air filter housing to the snorkel. The pipework between the filter and turbo is a standard U-shaped section from a 300tdi Disco

1236363999_IMG_1158_zpsvfaybhpt(2).JPG.adca711c8fbfacb46345677ae3ceaa16.JPG

1 hour ago, Boris113 said:

Excuse the bad picture but this may help, this was before I connected the air filter housing to the snorkel. The pipework between the filter and turbo is a standard U-shaped section from a 300tdi Disco

1236363999_IMG_1158_zpsvfaybhpt(2).JPG.adca711c8fbfacb46345677ae3ceaa16.JPG

Got it turned round. Least I know its Right now. 

IMG_20200417_174332.jpg

• Like 2