Discovery 3 rear lock problem

G-Tod

Hello guys, I have an issue with the rear lock on my Disco 3, is it going very hard to lock and unlock. The command is sent but I guess the lock itself its little loosen or some spring there. I tried to oil it but still nothing.

Do you have maybe any tip or video how can I access to open the lock and take a look from inside?

I will appreciate the help.

6 hours ago, B reg 90 said:

Rear tailgate? Not done one myself. But apparently when it fails completely u have to pull door app art from the inside. Might be worth tackling before it totally fails. 
goid info on disco 3 forum

Yes, I can unlock and open but the latch catch is somehow looking like loosened. Need to basicly slam the bottom part of the tailgate so the catch to go on place. I don't know if it possible to fix it by myself, so I was looking for advice. I thought is grease and putted some wd40 but still doing the same.

• 2 weeks later...