OT-Top Gear when it returns

white90

Richard's crash to be shown on 'Top Gear'

High-velocity TV series Top Gear looks set to make a dramatic return to our screens on January 28 after Jeremy Clarkson confirmed that co-host Richard Hammond's near-fatal car crash will be shown.

BBC chiefs have been deliberating for months whether to show the 288mph dragster smash that left Richard in a coma. But Jeremy said intense public interest in the popular presenter meant they had decided to show the footage.

"Half the world wants to see the crash so I'm sure we will show it.

BBC chiefs have been deliberating for months whether to show the 288mph dragster smash that left Richard in a coma.

Why on earth not? I'm quite a fan of top gear, and since he survived the crash, why not show it? I'm sure that they will make the most of it, and that it will increase their viewing figures no end.

Guest diesel_jim
Why on earth not? I'm quite a fan of top gear, and since he survived the crash, why not show it? I'm sure that they will make the most of it, and that it will increase their viewing figures no end.

Because "they" have to consider the lowest common unwashed denominator out there in the public who would think "duh....dat looks good, i'll try dat in my chavved up nova" and (hopefully) end up killing themseles.

The BBC would never risk being sued by some slimey lawyer who tried putting the blame on them.

Shame this country has come to this, :angry:

Because "they" have to consider the lowest common unwashed denominator out there in the public who would think "duh....dat looks good, i'll try dat in my chavved up nova" and (hopefully) end up killing themseles.

The BBC would never risk being sued by some slimey lawyer who tried putting the blame on them.

Shame this country has come to this, :angry:

Isn't it more to do with the sheep of this world (90%) who feel it is "obscene to put ones life at risk for entertainment"!

After all "They" are paying for it with the license fee and feel very guilty. The whole point of being a sheep is that you are not responsible for anything that happens to anyone ever and so you can go through life safe but completely bored hence the need for TV in the first place. It's a circle that leaves them with just TV content to complain about.

Example.

Sheep like sporty cars that look good but don't actually go fast as that would be dangerous! Ala Smart Roadster.

Mine would have a Busa engine fitted to pi*$ them off.

This choice the Beeb has had to make is all a bit hypercritical anyway, they never think twice about showing Malcolm Campbell dieing on Conneston Water when ever they want to. Or is this "Historical Footage"?

Isn't it more to do with the sheep of this world (90%) who feel it is "obscene to put ones life at risk for entertainment"!

Yes it is but such people fail to understand motorsport full stop and therefore they shouldn't be watching Top Gear, they should be watching Countryfile or Songs of Praise or something nice and safe like that :)

... they should be watching Countryfile or Songs of Praise or something nice and safe like that :)

Sorry Stephen both those programmes have some intellectual content.

More suitable programmes could be

"deal or no deal"

"15 to 1"

"Big brother"

"Celebrity big brother"

"I'm a celebrity...."

"Love island" (now so C list it cannot have celebrity in the title :lol: )

any one of the million shopping and games channels on freeview and sky

BTW. Richard Hammond was on Jonathon Ross the other week, hilarious 20 mins

Yes it is but such people fail to understand motorsport full stop and therefore they shouldn't be watching Top Gear, they should be watching Countryfile or Songs of Praise or something nice and safe like that :)

Stephen, a bit OT, but are you all on satellite dishes in the Falklands, or do you have your own terrestial TV?

Stephen, a bit OT, but are you all on satellite dishes in the Falklands, or do you have your own terrestial TV?

There's no local TV station but we have one terrestrial channel which is BFBS - forces TV. It's a mixture of what "the powers that be" think that the average squaddie would like to watch, mostly BBC & ITC programmes but some stuff off Sky etc. If you're really bored the schedule is here http://www.ssvc.com/bfbs/tv/bfbs1listing/index.htm

There are also locally re-broadcast satellite channels from a private company, this has CNN, BBC World, Discovery, History Channel, film channels that sort of thing, or a more upgraded version with about 80 channels for which you need a satellite dish to receive direct. Many of the channels are in Spanish though as the satellite's target market is South America and I don't bother with those as I had enough jibberjabber in 1982. We can't get most of the UK channels as of course the satellites are pointing the wrong way, but I think some are re-broadcast to S America too. I'm not a great TV watcher so I just have BFBS :)

I saw Hammond on Jonathan Ross the other night, seems back to his old self, look forward to TG being back on in a couple of weeks :)