the Corona NOS parts look-up thread

hurbie

hello all , 

i need a little help from the serie's goeroes , i recently accuired a large stock of NOS landrover parts (the owner closed his shop , and there was nobody interested to take his inventory, so i  made hime an offer , and he said yes to it ......)

most of the parts are labeled , so no problem finding wat it is , but there is the odd one , misplaced or lost it's number , so there i need you knowledge !

first question is this longer "crankshaft vibration damper driving flange" , the  number of the shorter on is 09017 , and the longer one was mixed in with the shorter one's .

20200418_130719.thumb.jpg.f0867290c8bd49f3b5aff824a58ecd93.jpg

20200418_130730.thumb.jpg.73295dd7117dfcecc35f015bbb3427f5.jpg

I 'think' the 2 litre diesel is mainly a Series 1 engine, although it might have been Series 2 also. If so, the 2.25 diesel would have come in with the Series 2A.
I looked in this listing; 4th Ed. June 1956, 2nd rev, Oct. 1961. Part 4107, Diesel Engine 2 litre, page 49.
The diagram clearly shows the long version, and it's numbered separately in the associated number list. It's also in the numerical Index.

How much confidence do you have in the accuracy of the part number 219986? I have zero confidence.

How long are the shafts?
What is the diameter of the ends with the keyway or hole in?
What is the diameter of the splined sections?

I'm assuming both shafts are the same diameters at these points.

Regards.

2 hours ago, David Sparkes said:

How much confidence do you have in the accuracy of the part number 219986? I have zero confidence.

How long are the shafts?

Regards.

the trouble with this "batch " of parts , the really old one's have parts from rover/mg/jaguar mixed in , so some numbers have no landrover resemblance.

219986 turned out to be a bush set for a brake pedal from a rover P4

i mentioned the number because the shaft is probebly in the same "range" of partnumbers , so lets say between 219000 - 221000 

i'l meassure the shaft's tomorrow .

Edited by hurbie

On 4/19/2020 at 7:00 PM, David Sparkes said:

How long are the shafts?

Regards.

off coarse i forgot my calipers for the second day , so i have to "guesstimate" the shaft is 20 cm long , diameter of the splined section is more or less 15mm (is that 9/16th ? ) , the 2 shaft's look identical except for the end with the hole or the keyway .

i came across various parts for PTO unit's in the same partnumber range  , so it may be something for these ...

2 minutes ago, steve b said:

2A/B Forward control gearshift remote linkage box ?

I've not seen that part in any PTO configurations I've come across

cheers

Steve b 

that could very well be it , i'll see if i can get a parts manual for the 2a/b  (1 only have one for the military FC ) , and there's a front door for a 2A/B in the inventory !

so , after flipping many page's in various parts manuals , i think i finally found the axles ...

the one with the woodruff key is for a LHD serie's 1 clutch fork (  https://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/231942-splined-cross-shaft-for-clutch-fork-from-gb-016112987-lhd.html )

the other one i can't find , but since in holland we drive on the left side , i think it is 218028 , so old and new  LHD cross shaft axle for a serie's 1  clutch .

pfff on to the next one 😉 

so , next one

springclip.thumb.jpg.b8adf8d2b1bc92490406010d388ab8e6.jpg

the bottom springclip is partnumber 347668 , and is used for fitting the front grill on a serie's 3 (not a v8)  , the 2 clips above it where in the same partsbin but look different , i can't find a "updated" number so it must be something else ....

any thought's ?

found this : the series 1 and 2 use a lucas clip on the distributor (LU 425765) or landrover number 245013 .

some searching reviels this http://www.distributordoctor.com/distributor-cap-clips.html

and the 43D and 45D clips look like these .... no i only need to find if the serie's 1 and 2 used the 43/45D caps ...

you guys are great  !!

next question , does anybody know how to tell apart the 6 cylinder cam follower's  ? 

there are 4 different cam followers (531874/531873  and 536873/ 536872) , some bright eyed person threw them all in the same bin .... so far i can see i have 3 different type's , but maybee there's 2 that only slightly differ from eachother .

so does anybody know how to identify these ?

is it possible to sort them by "castingnumber" or does that have no meaning at all .

at the moment the parts are covered in some preserving goo .... so very hard to see diffenences 

20200502_143311.thumb.jpg.45117d2e61eb0b98fe8699598789b3b4.jpg

There are two types of left reaching and two of right reaching.  They have different angles of reach.  The last picture above shows this - the top left rocker in that photo has less bend in it than those in the bottom row.

You'll be able to see which needs to go where by looking at the top of the head with the rocker shaft installed.  You’ll see the lateral displacement between the centreline of each rocker position and the valve stems.

• 3 weeks later...

here we are again , this time it's wire's  ...

i have a number of wiring harness (88 petrol/diesel 109 diesel) and a mystery one , the numbers known are 589708 / 589705 / 589710 .

the mystery one has number 589693 , there's also a lable from the manufacterer with a drawing number 51240733 and a date off 1975 , the cable looks like a chassis harness with some extensions at the rear . 

the serie's 3 manual doesn't list it , and a internet search doesn't show this number ... 

there's also a (to me) strange grey connector , maybee someone recognises this 

20200518_164926.thumb.jpg.8b6bc75b44f61dd17f0aa6282b60337b.jpg

if need be , i can spread it out on the floor so you have a better look at the length .

so at least it is a dash harness , i will lay it out on the floor , and see if i can make out LHD or RHD , is it normal for a serie's harness to have two purple wires without a bulletconnector ?