Fuel Filler 110

The one in your link is the one for the Td5 models from 1999 onwards, they're held in place by the big rubber grommet round the top.

If your rear tub and fuel tank are from a '99 on, then yes, I'd say it would fit.

First is tdi  , tub looks like td5 you can’t fit the one you have , the td5 ones push into the hola from underneath. I’ll take some pics for you my 110 is a 200tdi and I converted the 300tdi to a later rear tank so tub is same as yours.

1 minute ago, ianmayco68 said:

First is tdi  , tub looks like td5 you can’t fit the one you have , the td5 ones push into the hola from underneath. I’ll take some pics for you my 110 is a 200tdi and I converted the 300tdi to a later rear tank so tub is same as yours.

Thanks Mate.  Here is my Tank.image.thumb.png.a21ccf774f5141ab661f4d2542afc3bd.png

The filler is correct for the tank but not the body. You can either cut the body to make the filler fit or use the later plastic filler neck and do some bespoke pipework to the tank for the fill and breather connections as they're different diameters than previously

I imagine you'd be able to source a TD5 filler neck, rubber and hose from a breaker for not much money. You can see how it fits then. Better to keep standard parts rather than modify, as modification always comes back and bites your arse a few years down the line !

Mo

The only issue with using the later filler hose is I believe the diameter is different where it attaches to the tank. If that is the case then I would prefer to widen the hole in the tub and drill the four holes to take the older filler neck rather than adapt the hose somehow, that way it’s all standard parts still. As Mo notes above - standard is generally simpler and easier when something goes wrong ten years later. 

As you have the filler and tank from an early truck and the hoses are different diameters , plus it’s cheaper I’d do as suggested above and enlarge the hole . Here’s a couple of pictures,

image.thumb.jpg.b24bbef140ee4524627055410c85ab54.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.7e7a5393230d2403a060b34867cc8319.jpg

I can’t get in to measure the hole for you as there’s no room .

If you fit a Puma / td5 filler neck you will need to tee off a breather from the filling vent line as the td5 filler does not vent through the cap when closed, it vents through a one way valve on a teed of breather from the filling vent, or separate breather line depending on age.

Thanks Everyone going the way you suggest means saving money, as the TD5 ones are quite dear.

Will have a go.

Thanks Again 

Im starting with wiring now, My God what a Nightmare as no nothing about it, will be asking questions later 🙂

12 minutes ago, ianmayco68 said:

Make a cardboard template of the plate around the filler neck and mark the hole positions then once you’ve opened the hole up pop that on mark and drill away, the breather goes up if you didn’t know, have fun .

Thanks just thinking what to use to cut hole bigger , all I have is grinder with cutting disc, not sure if Ill get in with it.

Do you mean the breather goes up from the inside ?. 

Like this mate ,

image.thumb.jpg.903eb5c79cceef707efc8c1868e54be2.jpg

that’s taken side on, have you got a drill put a deburrer in it take bits out at a time , if it was me I’d do it like this make a template with big hole just big enough to get the filler through it and small holes marked on it , tape it on to the truck in the recess with the big hole central over the other one ,  then mark all your holes , then using a deburrer take the excess out slowly so you don’t take to much out . One of these,

image.thumb.jpg.70cd603c475bb80b10b404bce448aaf4.jpg
Or a sanding drum of a air grinder.

3 hours ago, ianmayco68 said:

Like this mate ,

that’s taken side on, have you got a drill put a deburrer in it take bits out at a time , if it was me I’d do it like this make a template with big hole just big enough to get the filler through it and small holes marked on it , tape it on to the truck in the recess with the big hole central over the other one ,  then mark all your holes , then using a deburrer take the excess out slowly so you don’t take to much out . One of these,

Or a sanding drum of a air grinder.

Cheers got a good idea now, Ill get myself one of those Deburra thingys, and try it on my Cordless drill,  I've only got a Generator up there for power and Solar panel for lights. But I've got this far without electric.

1 hour ago, Sigi_H said:

I supplied a fuel tank in the wing and made some pics. One Ten MY 83/84

cheers mate Glad I haven't got to cut my pipe up  but your pic helps me.

1 hour ago, ianmayco68 said:

No worries mate , If you take a little at a time you can always take a bit more but you can’t always put some back when you’ve took too much.

cheers mate Glad I haven't got to cut my pipe up  but your pic helps me.

Need to order the pipe that goes to tank, probably have some for the breather round about the same size, https://www.lrworkshop.com/diagrams/land-rover-defender-fuel-air-emission-systems/fuel-system/fuel-filler-from-(v)-aa259679-to-wa159806_53476#16

40 minutes ago, ianmayco68 said:

No mate must have thrown it , have a look in the for sale bit miketomcat is breaking a 200tdi he might be able to help.

Cheers mate just asked him.

Edited by kevin50