Dreaded Electrics

32 minutes ago, western said:

In the length of loom from main instrument pack going towards the dash middle should be a in line holder it should be covered with a piece of soft feel tubing, might be black in colour, with a glass fuse looking resistor inside this is for the charge warning light it should have a plain white wire on one end & a brown/yellow trace on other end, this holder & resistor needs to be intact. As without it the alternator will not operate correctly & you won't get a charge warning light on ignition on before starting engine. On the wiring diagram I posted in the close up, items item 63.

It Looks like one end of a  white plastic holder for glass fuse, unless the soft tubing is missing,  but I am sure there is one in my spare loom, will replace it if there is.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, western said:

This from my 1989 110 

if you look at the back of each fuse, note the wire colours at each end of each fuse, then go to the wiring diagram to confirm, 

File0114.jpg

Perfect Thanks.

33 minutes ago, western said:

as for the charge light resistor holder, this is a old post on here photo is from my old dash loom, IIRC I sold the resistor & holder to another member ages ago.

https://forums.lr4x4.com/topic/105501-new-wiring-looms-from-autosparks-in-200tdi-110/page/3/

Yes That's the one, will get is put back in.

• Like 1

White/orange trace in 2nd pic is an ignition controlled feed, so should be OK. You can trace the wires & extract them from the loom, pretty sure I did from my old loom. 

had a look at my later wiring diagram & it still shows plain white one end & brown/yellow at other end, I reckon someone has been fiddling with the existing fitted loom. 

Thanks. not got my Hazard switch yet, but still fiddling round with other wires.  Got the battery gauge needle working again it was  blown fuse.  Found the wires to tank which I believe from Diagram are white slate and green black, Found wires at rear just mocked the conections to try and got power to the fuel dial. Fuel warning  light  lit up But nothing to the gauge at least I got one of them🤔 not sure about the other.

IMG_20200425_124550.jpg

5 minutes ago, western said:

the ridged stud is a earth connection

the red sleeved terminal is low fuel light

white sleeve terminal is fuel gauge. 

Thanks Ive got them connected in the right places, Fuel light comes on with Ignition but nothing happens  on the Gauge for some reason.  got an earth from stud to bolt on chassis, not sure if that makes a difference. 

Edited by kevin50

4 minutes ago, western said:

IIRC the sender earth is part of the sub loom from the black circular connector we identfied earlier.

try test rigging into that if you can access it.

Sorry Mate where is the Black connector again ?,

30 minutes ago, western said:

on the chassis loom,it will when fully fitted sit just behind the fuel tank on the rear cross member, 

looks like this 

Image may contain: indoor

Cheers Mate, couldn't do this without your help, it really is Appreciated.

Right Don't think Ive got one of these. 

Your welcome Kev, it's giving me something to do & keep my head occupied,

also got a few jobs on my own 110 going on, but nothing that will keep it off the road I'm waiting on some cutting disc for my dremel, then I can move forward with fitting the new fold up steps, 

that connector maybe tucked up in the right rear corner with all the right rear lighting wires. 

22 minutes ago, western said:

Your welcome Kev, it's giving me something to do & keep my head occupied,

also got a few jobs on my own 110 going on, but nothing that will keep it off the road I'm waiting on some cutting disc for my dremel, then I can move forward with fitting the new fold up steps, 

that connector maybe tucked up in the right rear corner with all the right rear lighting wires. 

Funny you should say that, There is wires for all lights in my front right wing but nothing in the left. The rear body is later TD5 and it has wires in the right hand corner for all lights.

Will have to join the Lefts and run the wires along to Loom.

5 minutes ago, western said:

Some of those should be left hand wires to, they all come through the chassis &, up into the right rear corner, hopefully you'll find them, 

I should . so do I just join them in a loom over to the left. The front has them coming out from left side of bulkhead , so Ive just got to run them further to front of wing.

4 minutes ago, western said:

Plain purple is a 12v permanent live feed, plain white is a ignition switched 12 v feed. 

I use the plain purple to feed a work light above my rear door, 

OK Ill check what colour  it is tomorrow, Im sure it was 2 shades

if its purple with a blue trace that's for rear interior light, which a 1988 or 1989 vehicles didn't have.

2 hours ago, kevin50 said:

Funny you should say that, There is wires for all lights in my front right wing but nothing in the left.

IIRC all the front lights wiring is part of the main/dash area loom, so again the wiring for the left front lights could be tucked in that corner too.

7 minutes ago, western said:

if its purple with a blue trace that's for rear interior light, which a 1988 or 1989 vehicles didn't have.

IIRC all the front lights wiring is part of the main/dash area loom, so again the wiring for the left front lights could be tucked in that corner too.

will have a good look tomorrow , Might connect all  indicators and side lights ready for Hazard Switch .

Well try anyway

• Like 1

I know this is Stupid.  Probably a simple answer to this Question but.  I have 8 of the small lights to fit, Indicators  , Side , and Brake.

Now every one has 2 wires, live and earth, I know where lives match up to there respective Colours but I have 8 black earths, Is there 8 black wires to connect these to or do I have to connect each separate to somewhere on body.

the earth wires just go to existing earth points at each set of lights, they can be secured by one bolt/nut tothe respective body area of the vehicle, 

rear earths are on top of the left & right rear wheelarch covered by the rear corner covers, the front lights go to a attachment on the front left & right inner wing vertical panel behind the front lights.

P.S - no such thing as a stupid question,  if you don't know ask, that's how we learn. :i-m_so_happy: