Dreaded Electrics

good progress, those are ready to tape up & route to other side then.

the 3 for the fuel tank sender are plain black [earth to centre stud on the sender unit]

green/black for the fuel gauge connection 

white/slate grey for the low fuel warning light on dash

the white/purple wire is for petrol vehicles with a in tank pump not required on your vehicle,

so cover the end so it can't touch any metal with tape & make it secure to the loom. 

the plain purple is a 12v permanent live feed so that one needs to go up into the right rear corner & be safely covered.

once they are all in place there shouldn't be many left to sort out. 

59 minutes ago, western said:

good progress, those are ready to tape up & route to other side then.

the 3 for the fuel tank sender are plain black [earth to centre stud on the sender unit]

green/black for the fuel gauge connection 

white/slate grey for the low fuel warning light on dash

the white/purple wire is for petrol vehicles with a in tank pump not required on your vehicle,

so cover the end so it can't touch any metal with tape & make it secure to the loom. 

the plain purple is a 12v permanent live feed so that one needs to go up into the right rear corner & be safely covered.

once they are all in place there shouldn't be many left to sort out. 

Great Mate thanks. Should I leave it till all are spoken for before taping them into a Loom, then fixing up out the way. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, western said:

I think that would be a good idea, then if there are any further problems you can recheck all the joints without taking any tape off.

Cheers Mate will be back at it tomorrow.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kevin50 said:

Cheers Mate will be back at it tomorrow.

Not much done today, did get the lights fitted on the rear just drilled another couple of new holes and put self tappers in, done the job.

Before I came away thought Id fit the horn as know where wire is for it , then I realized I aint got a clue where it goes, googled it but could only get that it goes up behind the headlight or behind front grill where rad is, but couldn't find any holes for the bracket.IMG_20200503_173546.thumb.jpg.1674fefff3ce6f1e390aed4fb116fafd.jpg

Glad you got the lights fitted ok,

Horn ----

take the plastic front grille off, should be 8 big philips head screws, at the left hand radiator top bracket the 2 bolts that secure its front end to the bonnet slam panel, remove the 2 bolts/nuts, the horn bracket goes up to underside of the slam panel & the 2 bolts you have in the horn bracket go through from the top, radiator brackets,slam panel, horn bracket. the nuts on the horn bracket should be welded on IIRC. 

the horn wire is purple/black to one of the horn terminals it maybe marked +, & a earth wire from other terminal to a earth point, a ring terminal end on the earth wire can be secured between the horn bracket & slam panel, 

15 minutes ago, western said:

Glad you got the lights fitted ok,

Horn ----

take the plastic front grille off, should be 8 big philips head screws, at the left hand radiator top bracket the 2 bolts that secure its front end to the bonnet slam panel, remove the 2 bolts/nuts, the horn bracket goes up to underside of the slam panel & the 2 bolts you have in the horn bracket go through from the top, radiator brackets,slam panel, horn bracket. the nuts on the horn bracket should be welded on IIRC. 

the horn wire is purple/black to one of the horn terminals it maybe marked +, & a earth wire from other terminal to a earth point, a ring terminal end on the earth wire can be secured between the horn bracket & slam panel, 

Thanks Think  I No I know  where you mean is it these 2 but on the passenger side ? , It did look like  the holes would match up but didn't have time to try it. will have a go tomorrow,

upload_2020-1-27_22-4-32.jpeg.jpg

Edited by kevin50
  • Like 1

Fitting  Headlamps Got the bowls in, drivers side already has wires in but had to buy holder for passenger side. This is where Im stuck , wires on left are Blue / Pink and Blue / Slate, I have found these ready but the holder has 3 wires Blue, Red and Yellow , not sure which goes to which ?

IMG_20200504_165423.jpg

IMG_20200504_165411.jpg

IMG_20200504_163741.jpg

if you get the 2 connectors sat with the horizontal terminal up, & looking at the connector from where the wires go in 

left is the DIP beam to the vehicles Blue/Slate grey wire

middle is MAIN beam to the blue/pink wire

right is Earth to plain black 

1 hour ago, western said:

if you get the 2 connectors sat with the horizontal terminal up, & looking at the connector from where the wire sgo in 

left is the DIP beam to the vehicles Blue/Slate grey wire

middle is MAIN beam to the blue/pink wire

right is Earth to plain black 

Do you mean looking from the front . Just thought from what you said I can look at the Drivers side in pic  and follow where Its wires go.

https://www.halfords.com/tools/fuses-electricals-and-fixings/electricals/halfords-h4-bulb-holder-hef367-869628.html

IMG_20200504_163741 (2).jpg

Edited by kevin50

No, looking from the back of the plug as it would be when fitted, 

you can use the right one as a guide just be aware the wire colours are different for dip & main beam but the wire loaction in the plugs are the same.

24 minutes ago, western said:

No, looking from the back of the plug as it would be when fitted, 

you can use the right one as a guide just be aware the wire colours are different for dip & main beam but the wire loaction in the plugs are the same.

Thanks    One big thing I forgot was the Bloody Bulbs, will get a couple tomorrow.

• Like 1

Most of the Lights done now except Rear fog and Reverse, need to get some.

LEFT SIDE  3 wires left on the Passenger side, green/red,  blue/purple, and black green.  Book says green/red for side indicator, I Think forgot the other 2 now, but Im sure one is for rear fog light but cant understand why its in the front engine bay.,

RIGHT SIDE,  Pics of right side  2 plugs  coming  from same  Loom with same colour wires, and a blue/purple on its own with spade connector.   , 

IMG_20200505_190206.jpg

IMG_20200505_190245.jpg

IMG_20200505_190415.jpg

Green/red is left indicator & front wing side repeater

Light green/black is washer pump for front or rear screen -when a 2 pump screen wash tank is fitted, otherwise secure it safely & tape terminal up.

Purple/blue is for front door interior light switches -- Not used on late 1980's vehicles, just tape them up to the rest of the loom.

the same colour wires on vehicle right side are NOT used, again tape them up so any water cannot get in the terminals. 

I'm working 12 hour days this week so can;t check against my 110, just have to go by my memory & wiring diagrams.

19 minutes ago, western said:

Green/red is left indicator & front wing side repeater

Light green/black is washer pump for front or rear screen -when a 2 pump screen wash tank is fitted, otherwise secure it safely & tape terminal up.

Purple/blue is for front door interior light switches -- Not used on late 1980's vehicles, just tape them up to the rest of the loom.

the same colour wires on vehicle right side are NOT used, again tape them up so any water cannot get in the terminals. 

I'm working 12 hour days this week so can;t check against my 110, just have to go by my memory & wiring diagrams.

Thanks Mate,  You've been a Fantastic help through this.

On the Left I  have the Light green/black  already wired to one of the washer pumps as I do have 2 on the bottle, there is a Black / Green left, could it be for the second Pump ? 

• Like 1

Yes for the rear screen washer, the wash fluid tube goes from the pump, into bulkhead next to existing hose for the front washers, then inside the vehicle it goes towards the door then up the screen pillar, along the inner gutter of the roof, to rear, then to centre of vehicle above the rear tail door. 

Your welcome 👍

5 minutes ago, western said:

Yes for the rear screen washer, the wash fluid tube goes from the pump, into bulkhead next to existing hose for the front washers, then inside the vehicle it goes towards the door then up the screen pillar, along the inner gutter of the roof, to rear, then to centre of vehicle above the rear tail door. 

Your welcome 👍

Great Thanks.

Now with this conversion, I have put the bottle on the Right hand side down near front of wing, I have run one wire that way to reach the first pump. I also have put the Tube  in the roof from Back Door, along the right side it reaches just about middle of door at front, so need to connect some more to reach bottle.

By the Way , Mentioning Back Door mine is not fitted yet it might need a little bit of welding, but hoping to fix it without, will put pics up tomorrow of damage.  but it has wiper and motor fitted which works as I tested it a while back.

• Like 1

if you add a inline non return valve,[NRV] they have a arrow for direction of fluid flow moulded on,] available from any motor factors or halfords, it will keep fluid in the pipe so the pump for rear screen has a bit of an easier job pushing fluid to the jets above rear window, on my 110 the NRV sits above the front door in the inner gutter. 

28 minutes ago, western said:

if you add a inline non return valve,[NRV] they have a arrow for direction of fluid flow moulded on,] available from any motor factors or halfords, it will keep fluid in the pipe so the pump for rear screen has a bit of an easier job pushing fluid to the jets above rear window, on my 110 the NRV sits above the front door in the inner gutter. 

Yes Mate Ive got one of them somewhere. 

I will have to Run the front windscreen tube along to the right side too.

Edited by kevin50

Another thing I noticed was these Small Bulbs  in the Binicle with spade connectors , I can see what they are for on the front but can only see one set of wires for one of them. Do they all have to be Connected ?

IMG_20200507_184941_LI.jpg