Dash.

20 minutes ago, ianmayco68 said:

Looks like the plastic tray that sits in the dash passenger side , the round hole is where the heater pipe comes up from the dash to the vent in the top .

Is it Needed ? never seen one before,

N

23 minutes ago, western said:

that's the tray sits in after the metal panel & the grey grille panel are fitted. 

see pages 911 to 915 in here http://www.retroanaconda.com/landrover/parts_books/110/10_trim_seats_stowage_accessories_p910-1075.pdf

Yes see it now.

16 minutes ago, ianmayco68 said:

It stops bits falling down the back of the dash and in the nooks and crannies .

Glad I found it now.

• Like 2

Finally got my missing plate. Just Mocked in place in pics no bolts in yet. Not sure what to fit first, I tried the grey panel and it would not go in, with that in. All the holes line up with this plate.
So What goes First , I have 4 of the heater hose thingys . I also have the heater control things too. Want to get it right first time so I don't have to take it all out again in case I've missed something.

IMG_20200426_171522.jpg

IMG_20200426_173448.jpg

IMG_20200422_135445.jpg

Going from memory when I disassembled mine 10 years ago, I would fit from your photo above in order:

1. Bulkhead flap leavers (x2)

2. Heater vent tubing (x2)

3. Windscreen demister vents into those (they need clips that screws fit in but can't see them on yours...)

4. Small plastic hoeshoe-shaped trim for the wiper motor

5. Large grey plastic main trim

6. Top dash pad

6b. Passenger grab handle

7. Windscreen demister vent trims

8. Ash tray

9. Lower dash vent trims

10. Windscreen edge trims

11. Fusebox cover once you're certain you won't be taking it off again.

But before any of that, I would want to make sure I'm fully done with the wiring that's going in, otherwise all of this will get in the way. I would keep the lower dash and the backing plate in place.

Edited by ThreePointFive

6 minutes ago, ThreePointFive said:

I would fit from your photo above in order:

1. Bulkhead flap leavers

2. Heater vent tubing

3. Windscreen demister vents (they need clips that screws fit in but can't see them on yours...)

4. Large grey plastic trim

5. Small plastic trim for the wiper motor

6. THEN the top dash pad

7. Windscreen demister vent trims

8. Ash tray

9. Lower dash vent trims

10. Windscreen edge trims

11. Fusebox cover once you're certain you won't be taking it off again.

But before any of that, I would want to make sure I'm fully done with the wiring that's going in, otherwise all of this will get in the way. I would keep the lower dash and the backing plate in place.

Thanks will take this list with me just hope I've got all them bits. Think I have. What's the heater vent tubing ?

One thing I Must remember is I have a wiper wheel box to fit, waiting on it getting deliverd.

I've updated my list since you quoted it, so you might want to refresh and make sure you have the last version. I was going by what you have in the photo, it looks complete from memory but allow for some doubt. If it doesn't look like it fits logically the way I've described or something seems missing, it probably is.

The tubing is the convoluted tube that you have stuck on the end of one of the demister vents and the other one loose in the photo. Those pretty much go on as one piece (per pair) but you want to make sure you can see they're fully engaged.

If you have the wheelboxes to do, I would start with those then the rest of the list.

Edited by ThreePointFive

6 minutes ago, ThreePointFive said:

I've updated my list since you quoted it, so you might want to refresh and make sure you have the last version.

The tubing is the convoluted tube that you have stuck on the end of one of the demister vents and the other one loose in the photo. Those pretty much go on as one piece (per pair) but you want to make sure you can see they're fully engaged.

If you have the wheelboxes to do, I would start with those then the rest of the list.

OK Thanks, would love to see pics in stages of this, I'm watching ianmayco68 rebuild as he is nearly at this stage now and has been very helpful to me .  

Had another bit play with it today, cant really do anything until the wiper wheel cones and is fitted.

One thing I looked at was the very last side bit on drivers side, the bit with the heater cables and controls, it seems like it is going to be awkward to fit. One cable is already connected to lower dash, the other goes out in to engine bay along to heater, Should they run along Behind the main Plate, as mine are at the front where wires are cant really see a way to get them behind it , ?? 

No the heater wires on the left control & on the right outer control go direct through bulkhead into engine bay then run along the bulkhead to the heater unit, 

the right inner control is to lower dash air flaps.

this thread will give you info on which cable moves which heater unit air flap. https://forums.lr4x4.com/topic/33481-feeling-the-cold-in-your-truck/

7 minutes ago, western said:

No the heater wires on the left control & on the right outer control go direct through bulkhead into engine bay then run along the bulkhead to the heater unit, 

the right inner control is to lower dash air flaps.

this thread will give you info on which cable moves which heater unit air flap. https://forums.lr4x4.com/topic/33481-feeling-the-cold-in-your-truck/

Thanks Understand it a bit more now, will use it when I connect it up. Been looking at some pics on Google and just realized that when I was trying to offer it up in place and Thought this is never going to fit in there,  No wonder coz I had the dam thing upside down 😄

• Like 1