The Aa

Tonk

We've just got a full package sorted with Britannia Rescue. Covers all the motors for about £150.

Fortunately I didn't have to use it to get back from Wales as me mates motor broke more comprehensively than mine, so he got the flatbed and I nicked his workin bits to get mine going again! :):lol:

Seem pretty good though, and I don't think they'd class a bent steering bar as an accident... I snapped mine and they were fine.

just been having an interesting chat (read rant) with the AA. i gave them a scenario of driving on the road, clipping the kerb with a wheel, get punture/put the steering out so the car couldn't be driven.

answer???????

well that would be classed as an accident sir so we'd have to charge u to recover u.

Just to update Dan's - It was £143 for all our cars - well, actually, it covers Dan and I, so we could of sat in your motor and got it recovered ;):D It also covers a named car abroad (we selected the 110), if you don't want the abroad/forward car/hotel option you can cover yourself and Trace for £99 on any vehicle - also, no age limit/specified number of recoveries or silly low weight limit unlike others, so fine for the IIA B)

Next time, say you've been greenlaning (as that's public highway) ... donno, it might make a difference. Loads of the others specifically exclude driver training/motorsport days etc.

HTH ;):D

Well we got Britannia too, so it will be interesting to see what happens if and when we need them, thinking Raider and trailer for a few weeks time (series on the back as a spare???) doesnt sound that silly when you think about it, park up Raider, play with series, you drive series home when Tonk is on the trailer!!

Running for cover!!!!!!!!!

the reason i told them it was on private land was they started to record it as an RTA (road traffic accident) and started askin questions like was there a third party, have u got fully comp insurance and have the police been notified?

wasters.........

Only problems I've had

was AA "if the vehicle is too far off road and we can't get to you" all other curcumstances we will recover mind you I have the 400 member cover

and once I had " you've called us out 6 times this will be the seveth and we'll have to charge you"

me " when did I call you seven times?"

AA "well you called us out six times last year and now again"

me" but I've renewed my membership since then correct so that 6 six last year and once this year"

AA "thats correct "

me "so you cant ******** charge me then can you you bunch of ***** give me a ******* refund I'm going to the RAC"

funnily enough the AA have never mentioned this again

Used the AA several times now :(

Thye've actually been ok even shipping the truck all the way to Somerset when I dropped the cambelt a couple of miles from home in Pompey.

Used them again a couple of weeks back when the lift pump decided it would rater pump the diesel onto the road (most impressed with the quick metal, must get some).

All our works vans (10,000 of them) are RAC and they are SH.... When I had my little off-road excusrion in the transit I phoned them and told them to send a landy, they sent... another transit! When a piston came through the side of the block on my mate's transit on the M27 they sent a motorbike to "see if he could get it going again" :blink:

Personally I'm with Britannia, they've always been fine even when they came to the 109 parked at the services outside Slindon - the bloke got out of the truck and said "You've had fun then" :D

They don't seem to count off-highway use, don't mind RTA's (ask me how I know :ph34r: ) and don't have a limit on callouts that I've ever managed to find :rolleyes:

the reason i told them it was on private land was they started to record it as an RTA (road traffic accident) and started askin questions like was there a third party, have u got fully comp insurance and have the police been notified?

wasters.........

WFT?????? So the self titiled "4th emergency service" is aspiring to be the police :angry: What is it to them? You pay them for revoery not to polie the highways of the UK. :angry:

Best policey is to lie. Get a mate to tow you onto the road and say you were pulling out at this junction, something went bang and the steering went all wobbly. :rolleyes:

wasters.........

WFT?????? So the self titiled "4th emergency service" is aspiring to be the police :angry: What is it to them? You pay them for revoery not to polie the highways of the UK. :angry:

Best policey is to lie. Get a mate to tow you onto the road and say you were pulling out at this junction, something went bang and the steering went all wobbly. :rolleyes:

the idea is if its an accident then they can claim it back from your insurers, next time it definitely wont be an accident, i'll have to play dumb and pretend i dont know wots wrong with it. ;)