Pop quiz

Escape

9 hours ago, Escape said:

I wouldn't mind winders, less to go wrong,

Flipping heck Filip you want to simplify a P38 probably one of the most technically advanced production cars of it's time!!

Simon, I'm well aware that the P38 was state of the art in it's time. And it took the competition many years to try and catch up. So I'm not really serious about simplifying everything. 😉 The whole reason I'm using a P38 for my project and not a Classic is because I've got used to all the creature comforts. And the extra space, not to mention the absence of rust. 😛

But on the other hand, I like my cars simple as in not too much electrickery that thinks it can do a better job than the driver. Hence going to all the trouble to convert to manual. I'd prefer a little stick for the transferbox as well, but that would likely end up a serious bodge job. At the cost of the nice interior layout. So the all-relais alternative for the ECU seemed like a good alternative. As for the HEVAC, I don't use or want all the auto features, I'm very happy with basic controls like in a Defender or classic Lotus: temperature (without feedback), distribution and fan speed. So next time an HEVAC module fails and leaves me too hot or too cold, I might just look into manual control for the blend motors.

The windows can stay, complete with one touch comfort function please. 😉

Greetz,

Filip

Filip

Was only joking. I too like my P38 and am just about complete with my LPG conversion so finally after nearly three years of inactivity I will be able to use it. Certainly understand the simplification and that has caused much of the delay in getting it up and running. Also understand the rust on Classics, my CSK is nothing more than a pile of rust and still looking for a donor car for the shell.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...