P38 Engine Swap

Simon_CSK

I have found a 4.0 P38 in need of an engine and happen to have a 4.6 car which has a sweet engine. Is this a straight swap or would I need to play with the electronics in some way to make it work properly?

Yes they are both Thor and this one seems to be in really nice condition would be a shame for it to go to the crushert because it needs an engine. Just a thought would one change the gearbox at the same time or is that just creating work?

Theres a thought. Have a look at the label on the gearbox. The 4.0 will probably have a 4HP22. The 4.6 SHOULD have the 4HP24 which is a heavier duty box, unless it has been swapped sometime.

So Yes, swing the whole lot in one lump if you can, less the transfer box as it is b heavy. They are the same, but I guess one would be handy as a spare.

6 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Just how many P38s do you need? 😛

Bowie 

I have just bought a 99 V8 D2 to add to the other two D2's I have and this is a Westminster P38 to add to the Classic, 2 P38 Vogues and an L322. 👿 Oh and a Mini Cooper Convertible.

Buying them because they are extremely cheap and in very good condition. Plan to clear out when lockdown is over this is occupying my time and making a little money at the same time.😋