Poly bush kits

Bigj66

Super pro have a life time warranty, apparently. I've fitted them on the back of the 109.

Can't tell if they make any difference, compared to standard, and they aren't on all that long, so no idea if they wear. No clunks yet, but I've not been green laning for a couple of months.

Removal should be easier, which is a plus.

• Thanks 1

I’ve not heard anything good about the Britpart bushes, predictably.  I have Polybushe branded bushes in the springs of my 109 ( I kept the standard bushes in the chassis as they flex less and their outer steel sleeve protects the chassis from grit and sand abrasion).  They have been fine,  no complaints.  Superpro have the best reputation.

• Thanks 1

Britpart yellows don't tend to last - they tend to crumble

Bearmach use an old type of SuperPro bush, still made for them by SuperPro; but they don't make the metal bits

SuperPro are without doubt the best - but they aren't cheap

55 minutes ago, Nonimouse said:

Britpart yellows don't tend to last - they tend to crumble

Bearmach use an old type of SuperPro bush, still made for them by SuperPro; but they don't make the metal bits

SuperPro are without doubt the best - but they aren't cheap

No, and to be honest, for everyday road driving, I think they don’t represent value for money. For more extreme work or towing etc then yes, maybe.

Ive found some ‘dynamic’ compound ones that are mid range in terms of price and which might be ok.

Only problem is thet they’re orange 🤨

43 minutes ago, Bigj66 said:

No, and to be honest, for everyday road driving, I think they don’t represent value for money. For more extreme work or towing etc then yes, maybe.

Ive found some ‘dynamic’ compound ones that are mid range in terms of price and which might be ok.

Only problem is thet they’re orange 🤨

You see, I'd say the opposite. Bushes are one of the really critical items. 

I wouldn't touch the 'Orange' ones

There are some 'Purple' ones that are ok

1 hour ago, Nonimouse said:

You see, I'd say the opposite. Bushes are one of the really critical items. 

I wouldn't touch the 'Orange' ones

There are some 'Purple' ones that are ok

Just to clarify this, I wasn’t referring to Floflex. Been there, done that, never again.

It’s these

https://www.dingocroft.co.uk/acatalog/Full-set-Ser1--Ser2-and-SWB-Ser3-ZZPOLYDYNASET04.html#SID=160

Anyone got any experience of them?

If those are Polybush brand, then those are what I have.  They seems a bit long when fitting them - they fit the spring eyes perfectly until I put the sleeve in, as which point they’d squeeze themselves out a few mm.  I ended up trimming the inner ends of one bush per eye by a few mm to stop that.  I don’t know if that’s a common issue, normal, or unique to me, perhaps it’s because the spring eyes are a bit tight on my Heystee springs (one of them cracked an eye before these were fitted, and the new leaf to replace that one didn’t need the polybush trimming to stay in place).  I’ve have no trouble since they were fitted in 2009, with the vehicle driven daily for the next six years and still fine in layup now.  But I think I’d go with superpro next time because of those fitting issues to see whether it was the springs or the bushes that caused it.

There are only a few land rover bush manufacturers, so a set of orange is probably form the same place, although the steel inserts differ

Powerflex make the purple ones - but I don't know if they do old stuff

Duraflex makes some reasonable kit

There's a great you tube video on why you shouldn't buy Floflex

Only problem is  they’re orange

Excuse my grumpiness, but why are these things ever sold in purely juvenile colours? Do they infer we're all w&*kers, or just some of us?;) Come on... have it pink, and be done?

Edited by Landrover17H
  • Like 1

Brightly coloured underpinnings and engine bay hoses are something I take umbrage with too!  It smacks to me of trying to impress.  If you have to go out of your way to impress others, then you’re not going to impress at all!😄

Mine's usually mud encrusted, so the orange bushes and blue springs are presented as Gloucestershire clay brown.

I do need to wash the chassis soon, time for its decade cavity wax application.

Quite.

Here are my orange chassis bushes.

Installed about 6 months, a few green lanes and some motorway use. Plus some heavily laden runs on country roads.

IMG_20200522_100026.jpg

IMG_20200522_100049.jpg

IMG_20200522_100056.jpg

IMG_20200522_100101.jpg

Take measurements of the chassis bushes and spring bushes - they’re different lengths.  Then take measurements of the new bush tubes and see if they are the same as the originals.  You should be able to work it out that way, but my bet is that they’re for the chassis bushes. If the original chassis bush inner tubes sick out far from the rubber, then that’s almost certainly it.