Why’s cable so tight

Evening chaps, while since Iv been on. Years ago I bought an x eng disc brake for a 90 project which years later is still a very slow burning project. Today I robbed it for my 90 that’s actually on the road. Tonight Iv fitted it but I had a struggle getting the cable to meet. Eventually it’s met but it’s very tight, to the point I can’t even get 1 click on the lever. Iv also fitted a Discovery handbrake lever which might alter the adjustment a little. 

Is it possible I need to install the Disco cable or is there another way of adjusting the caliper?

EDC408D1-9EA5-4AC5-8EF7-4A3C404AC8D1.jpeg

58CC92B6-1A5D-4A8E-BA79-A8A9C9EFCE7D.jpeg

Ahh, I tightened up the big bolts too early, that could allow a little movement if I undo them a redo. Also the centre of my caliper dosent have a bolt and stake washer thingy as such. Mines one o the early ones wi just a torque headed bolt through it. I tried loosing it but then again it was all copied up by then