Rear Wiper

Tried to Test my Rear Wipers today,  I know the Motor works as tried off battery a while back.

Theirs 5 wires coming from motor, light green/ red.   light green/brown,   green  which all match with wires coming from chassis loom. and 2 blacks.  Joined the coloured ones together, not sure where the 2 Blacks go. Anyway wiper did not work, Tried earthing with the blacks but still nothing.

I do have my rear washer working from switch in cab water coming through fine. 

IMG_20200506_210007 (2).jpg

This might help --------------------

all plain colour wires. the plug end which matches pre 300tdi vehicles has 5 wires

2 x black = earth for motor & park switch on one pin

red = 12v feed to motor

green = signal from dash switch to park switch

brown = 12v feed from dash switch to park switch

post-20-0-28118300-1453063707_thumb.jpg

Extracted from my post --- https://forums.lr4x4.com/topic/96820-another-rear-wiper-motor-story/

14 minutes ago, western said:

This might help --------------------

all plain colour wires. the plug end which matches pre 300tdi vehicles has 5 wires

2 x black = earth for motor & park switch on one pin

red = 12v feed to motor

green = signal from dash switch to park switch

brown = 12v feed from dash switch to park switch

post-20-0-28118300-1453063707_thumb.jpg

Extracted from my post --- https://forums.lr4x4.com/topic/96820-another-rear-wiper-motor-story/

Thanks Mate. I went and cut my plug off rear door, but The wire colours from door are an exact match with wires from chassis loom, so joined them except for the 2 blacks. but nothing works from the switch, except the washer Motor.  

Scrap that mention of a relay, there isn't one I was thinking of the rear screen heater relay. 

recheck the wiring,  my original motor would run off the vehicle when wired across a battery but refused to operate on the vehicle with arm/blade attached. 

post-20-1212432317_thumb.jpg

8 hours ago, western said:

Scrap that mention of a relay, there isn't one I was thinking of the rear screen heater relay. 

recheck the wiring,  my original motor would run off the vehicle when wired across a battery but refused to operate on the vehicle with arm/blade attached. 

Will check wires again. I have 1 left Black/White which I believe is for heated screen,as there is connector on screen for it.  please correct me if I'm wrong.

19 hours ago, western said:

This thing has a mind of its own. Tried from battery with Red /Light Green and Earth and it works, Tried back to loom wires and it worked for the first time off them, then stopped, sometimes it would go then suddenly stop then it wouldn't go at all until back on battery, anyway the wires are very loose in motor, the green/brown has came off , loosened it off but theres no way it will come away from the door, its Loose and flops about but just cant get it out to sort the wires IMG_20200519_184633.thumb.jpg.d25beee48887fd35324e6d27c9cb877d.jpg.

IMG_20200519_184646.jpg

Edited by kevin50

7 minutes ago, western said:

I'm assuming this bolt is removed [ringed in yellow]  it may be stuck in place with sealant or just old age. 

if you look at the linked post there is a picture in there of the switch on rear motor.

394543456_IMG_20200506_210007(2).thumb.jpg.e16ce164acaa00a95b33e9c1e5ec639e.jpg

Yes Mate that bolt is out, the main part going through door is just spinning   when trying  to pull out

23 minutes ago, western said:

there shouldn't be anything stopping it being pulled out, 

Just wont fit through the hole.

Another thing I noticed was the Light Green. Red from switch at rear loom which matches same colour in door , there is also same wire at front left bulkhead where lights are wired, Is this the same wire ? as its not connected to anything

IMG_20200516_172521.jpg

If you have all the wires on the rear wash, wiper switch, that one in engine bay must be for front wipers. Although I thought we had the front wipers fully working. 

There is nothing else to stop the rear wiper coming out the door, 

2 hours ago, western said:

If you have all the wires on the rear wash, wiper switch, that one in engine bay must be for front wipers. Although I thought we had the front wipers fully working. 

There is nothing else to stop the rear wiper coming out the door, 

Yrs Front wipers working from switch. they worked as soon as I pluged Binicle in.   

• Like 1

That's good the front wipers are sorted,  maybe that green/red in engine bay is just a length of wire used for something else, where do those red wires in photo go ? 

still don't understand why the rear wiper motor won't come out of the door, unless some bright spark has some how managed to get a nut on the shaft when it was fitted.

th

if that motor won't come out, it may have to be sacrificed & a new motor obtained to replace it 

3 hours ago, western said:

That's good the front wipers are sorted,  maybe that green/red in engine bay is just a length of wire used for something else, where do those red wires in photo go ? 

still don't understand why the rear wiper motor won't come out of the door, unless some bright spark has some how managed to get a nut on the shaft when it was fitted.

th

if that motor won't come out, it may have to be sacrificed & a new motor obtained to replace it 

The Red wires are my DIY wires for my Indicators and Side Lights , Bad I know but its all I had,  I do know Which is Which though.

That Motor Will come out of the door ,  Mind you there might be a Bigger hole in the door then usual when I'm finished with it . 😀

• Like 1